THE GODFEATHERS

THE GODFEATHERS

A Story by Marcos
"

Fantasy, adventure comedy syfy

"
All she felt was the burning wind, the ever-changing ice and a constant rhythm of both heart and feet pounding against shredded patches of soiled leaves and twigs.
Beaten, broken and blood-soaked she tore through dead foliage, poison thorns scratched at her face and tangled her hair, her children cried out in fear she gripped them both tight cuddling there small infant souls to her beating chest as she sprinted over streams and willowy white branches.
She could feel the purge, anger and power of the shadow that trailed close behind “Do not weep my little ones….I will protect you; I will keep you safe from him… and from me.”
Tears formed and burned as she dashed through the dark forest breathing heavily cold air that scorched her heart and blistered her lungs, she could feel him hunting her, tracking her every movement the power and the dread, the rumblings of the ground, small quivering’s of the earth and that ominous orange glow burning the ground underneath her every forgotten step edging closer and closer … she ran!
Gasping in fear and confusion she felt alone, isolated, unaware brought to this point she began to cry in fear when suddenly a feeling of hope, for there before her a small clearing manifested a great colossal stone elephant whose trunk frozen with lily water dipped into a great gleaming lake bellow.
Summoning her forwards, she sprinted, drenched in sweat and blood she clawed to the top of the rock balancing her children with one arm her hands bleeding and bruised as she reached the summit silent relief be felled her  for below a small town lay shining, burning with the dew of midnight ice.
A dancing chime of church bells orchestrated a midnight service as families and couples could be seen threw multicolored panes of glass, there humbled faces painted with essence of myrrh and soft dancing candlelight.
With a quickening pace she darted forwards towards the temple each step setting her closer to hope each stride closer and closer and here in the setting of the November chill she placed her children at the foot of the chapel caressing their faces as they cried, she kissed them delicately as ice above cracked and whipped the midnight’s screeching wind, turning away with stinging sorrow crushing her heart she tore down a lonely lamp lit street leaving them behind to the mercy of fate.
The malicious force grew quicker and closer the orange light engulfed and melted her forgotten tracks the growling and stench of suffering closed at her heels the poundings of her stride echoed throughout the small town, suddenly the earth quaked and tore apart the orange light flared a beacon of power as claws burst forth from the earth covered with dripping veins and rotting furry flesh clawing at her ankle tearing at her leg, she felt it pulling her down.. Dragging her beyond as ice and sludge filled her eyes and throat and with a terrible defeating scream she vanished to the shadows below.

© 2018 Marcos


Author's Note

Marcos
Just fyi i am horrable at sentence structure, punctuation, grammar basically all of it. I have a story in my head but I just suck at putting it down any help at all would be very much appreciated. Also this is just the first page of a book I've been writing I only have about 125 pages written so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on September 23, 2018
Last Updated on September 23, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, adventure, syfy, horror, comedy

Author

Marcos
Marcos

Casper, WY



Writing
A darkness A darkness

A Poem by Marcos