Goodbye

Goodbye

A Poem by LadyT

Sitting next to you was just what I needed.

I missed you.

 

Talking to you was just what I wanted.

I loved you.

 

You were and still are incredibly kind and understanding.

You were and still are a good teacher.

 

So It became clear to me. My life is better with you in it. I am better with you around.

 

So please stay. We are through with past mistakes and healed old wounds. I am not going anywhere this time.

 

This is a goodbye to the hope to ever hold you in my arms at night again.

This is a hello to a new friendship that shines bright.

 

We moved on and found our way back.


© 2019 LadyT


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Made me think of the Starship song..."find your way back, find your way back to your heart"

this poem is so expressive. So many views and only 3 reviews...hard to understand that...
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Love the first 4 lines. There is a pureness there.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I think I lot of people can relate to this, and I definitely did. This makes me think of growth, love, and change. I like that's its deep but also something I can relate to.

Posted 4 Years Ago


That's really good, I feel hope deep it is, I was worried by the title but then at the end it was kind of like 'oh I get it' and even though it's kind of sad it changed at least it wasn't over. I hope this poem gives a lot of people hope.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
4 Reviews
Added on September 18, 2019
Last Updated on September 18, 2019
Tags: Love

Author

LadyT
LadyT

Writing
 Reinvention Reinvention

A Poem by LadyT


You You

A Poem by LadyT