Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Madde Wheeler

HER-Closing her teary green eyes, she lets out a sigh. She had been trying to help herself climb out of the black hole she created, yet here she was again, biting her tongue to keep him. Of course, she was over flowing with emotion, she had kept it in for so long…how could he use her emotional state against her, after all it was his fault. He had walked out several times already and finally had told her he did not want to hear what she had to say. So, she stopped. He did not know he was losing her because like today, she still fought for him.

HIM- He sees her eyes water then hears her soft sigh. He looks away trying to hold back his tears because he cannot show her he is afraid or she wins. At the same time, he feels nothing. He would not mind walking out that door again and never looking back. There are things he still wants to do in life, yet on the other hand, he knew one day he would miss her. His eyes said what he refused to accept, he was torn, and hurting deep down.

HER-She opens her eyes and looks around for something to occupy her shaking hands. She pulls her phone from her pocket and begins turning it over. Focusing on the perfectly rounded edges, instead of the callous man standing in front of her. The guy whom she loved yet knew would destroy her. She forces herself to look up. She became enraged with anger as she peers up through her clotted mascara, to see him un-phased by what was happening. There he is leaning in the door frame ready to leave at the drop of a dime. They lock eyes.

HIM- If looks could kill he would be dead. He knows this will happen again but just wants to forget it happened today. He walks over to her and puts his hands on her legs. He begins to lift a hand and brushes her hair behind her hair. Slowly he moves his hand down to her chin. He asks her to look up at him.

HER- She looks up, sadness buried in her eyes. He says he is sorry; she believes him. She asks if they can talk about it, but knows he doesn’t really want to. Why would he, she always gets her way. She sighs, he thinks it’s a sigh of relieve. In reality, it is a tired sigh. She wants to compromise and be a power couple but she doesn’t think he wants that or is ready.

HIM- He can do it on his own, he doesn’t need her. He’s always done it that way

HER- she knows he says he doesn’t need her, but she knows different(LY). She knows he can do it on his own, but she thinks he now needs someone to help him, and for him to lean on, and talk to and vent to and love. He will just have to learn she is here to stay and here for his use. She doesn’t plan on letting him fall when he is trying to lean on her.

HIM-  I love her, but I do not love fighting.

HER- Maybe it is time so leave.

They both see their future fade from the others’ eyes. He looks away from her teary eyes as he tells her he is leaving her.  

© 2017 Madde Wheeler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 11, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017
Tags: short story, romance

Author

Madde Wheeler
Madde Wheeler

Chesapeake, VA



About
I Love writing, romance, volleyball and pancakes! more..

Writing