Women of Bible~Ruth Legacy of Faith

Women of Bible~Ruth Legacy of Faith

A Story by Kris
"

~the familiar noises of her home city , bringing her no comfort. Her heart breaks at memories with her husband & no child to ease the pain. ~This is Ruth's Journey & How her Faith is Our Legacy.

"
Week 1 Overview:
  • Ruth - a Faithful Widow
The Bible is truth, it is the real stories of real people , their lives & includes some very interesting women.

The Bible Mentions 187 women by name & includes hundreds unnamed.
When we look we see How God Used Women in Mighty ways , ways He could Only Accomplish through a Woman.
 

DAY 1~
Ruth's
Legacy of Faith

Ruth's story is recorded in the Old Testament in the Book of Ruth.

Her story :
A woman born into a ungodly home in Moab, Ruth marries into a Jewish Family to Mahlon. In this story Ruth finds that her belief in God goes much deeper than a marriage; when her father in law, brother in-law & husband all die, leaving Ruth, Mother in law Naomi & sis in law Orpah alone.

Naomi decides her Hope lays in going home to Judah, she frees her daughters telling them to go home to their people.
I see Ruth standing in a window looking out seeing nothing but the loss of her husband Mahlon, the familiar noises of her home city , bringing her no comfort. Her heart breaks at memories with her husband & no child to ease the pain. I think she remembered the God of her husband had never left her, He was faithful to her.
I see her jump up with a strength she didn't have & tells Naomi, I am now your daughter I will go with you, where ever you go.


Read Ruth 1: 1-6 on your own.
                Ruth 1: 6- 18

   6 Then Naomi heard in Moab that the Lord had blessed his people in Judah by giving them good crops again. So So Naomi and her daughters-in-law got ready to leave Moab to return to her homeland. 7 With her two daughters-in-law she set out from the place where she had been living, and they took the road that would lead them back to Judah.

   8 But on the way, Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, “Go back to your mothers’ homes. And may the Lord reward you for your kindness to your husbands and to me. 9 May the Lord bless you with the security of another marriage.” Then she kissed them good-bye, and they all broke down and wept.

   10 “No,” they said. “We want to go with you to your people.”

   11 But Naomi replied, “Why should you go on with me? Can I still give birth to other sons who could grow up to be your husbands? 12 No, my daughters, return to your parents’ homes, for I am too old to marry again. And even if it were possible, and I were to get married tonight and bear sons, then what? 13 Would you wait for them to grow up and refuse to marry someone else? No, of course not, my daughters! Things are far more bitter for me than for you, because the Lord Himself has raised his fist against me."

   14 And again they wept together, and Orpah kissed her mother-in-law good-bye. But Ruth clung tightly to Naomi. 15 “Look,” Naomi said to her, “your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods. You should do the same.”

   16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. 17Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!” 18 When Naomi saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she said nothing more.Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!” 18 When Naomi saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she said nothing more.
Questions
  1.  How Did Ruth demonstrate her faith?
  2. What do you understand Faith to be?
*Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as the " substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen"

Ruth so trusted in God, though she could not see HIM & she sure didn't know her future.

 Her faith demanded action in her life.

 

   


Ruth's
Great Romance
DAY 2~

Be sure to read Ruth 2 through, it is a lovely story.
Ruth 2:

Once Naomi & Ruth got to Judah the hard realities of woman without a husband or son hit.

The Only solution, Ruth had to work in the sometimes dangerous fields.She found herself in the field owned by Boaz.

 Ruth's story soon changes as she finds herself in the field of Boaz who happens to be a relative by marriage.

 He  sees her working in the field ,is very kind to her & finds out more about her.
 
 I can just see him standing there looking out to see how the days work has gone & he spots her,time & space stopped for him..He has to ask Who is that?

When he finds out more about her, he is more than kind he has her placed in a field where she is not only safer from rogues but the wheat is top notch.

    Naomi who had grown bitter during this time soon perked up when she realizes what Boaz has done, the wheels begin to turn in her head as if inspired by God she remembers...
kins men redeemer.



  RUTH 3

Naomi after some time tells Ruth its time to appeal to Boaz. 

Ruth had to have been ,all nerves & excitement Boaz has been a lovely man to her...I can almost hear her Hope that..maybe..he likes her too.
She obeys what Naomi says to do,... But  she finds there's glitch..another is a closer relative. 
 
 “I am your servant Ruth,” she replied. “Spread the corner of your covering over me, for you are my family redeemer.”

   10 “The Lord bless you, my daughter!” Boaz exclaimed. “You are showing even more family loyalty now than you did before, for you have not gone after a younger man, whether rich or poor. 11 Now don’t worry about a thing, my daughter. I will do what is necessary, for everyone in town knows you are a virtuous woman. 12 But while it’s true that I am one of your family redeemers, there is another man who is more closely related to you than I am. 13 Stay here tonight, and in the morning I will talk to him. If he is willing to redeem you, very well. Let him marry you. But if he is not willing, then as surely as the Lord lives, I will redeem you myself! Now lie down here until morning.”

   14 So Ruth lay at Boaz’s feet until the morning, but she got up before it was light enough for people to recognize each other. For Boaz had said, “No one must know that a woman was here at the threshing floor.” 15 Then Boaz said to her, “Bring your cloak and spread it out.” He measured six scoops[a] of barley into the cloak and placed it on her back. Then he[b] returned to the town.


           

   16-18 When Ruth went back to her mother-in-law, Naomi asked, “What happened, my daughter?”

       Ruth told Naomi everything Boaz had done for her,  and she added, “He gave me these six scoops of barley and said, ‘Don’t go back to your mother-in-law empty-handed.’”

    Then Naomi said to her, “Just be patient, my daughter, until we hear what happens. The man won’t rest until he has settled things today.”

~Their Love for each is becoming apparent to anyone who looks I think...but the thoughts I see is their being together starts with Kinsmen redeemer.

**Deuteronomy 25:5-10 According to Jewish law the nearest male relative was OBLIGED to marry the widow of his relative .
Questions
  1.  What are some faith Actions that Ruth takes?
  2. What strengths are you seeing in Ruth?
  3. What are you making of Boaz, what kind of man is he.
  4. In what way does kinsmen redeemer apply to us.
  5. Have you ever had a moment like Ruth did appealing to Boaz, with God, that you would share?




   


Ruth's
Her faith in Action, became a Legacy.
DAY 3~

God provides for those who have Faith in Him.

Ruth 4
It Didn't take Boaz long. He went to the gates of town & the other relative happened by. He tells him they  need to talk, so Boaz went & got witnesses.
Boaz is talking to him in a way that makes me think he knew would make the guy turn it down. Boaz tells him that he is next in line to buy Naomi's land to redeem it... & the guy says "yes" really fast...
Do you think Boaz at this point got nervous or did he plan this? He quickly adds as well that means you must marry Ruth the Moabite..
Ha, seems to me Boaz added that point in a lot...Ruth the Moabite...
The man stutters over himself to turn it down... making all kinds of excuses.
He said to Boaz, “You buy the land.”

That's all Boaz needs... He looks at the witnesses & says, "See hear, this he has agreed."

   9 Then Boaz said to the elders and to the crowd standing around, “You are witnesses that today I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelech, Kilion, and Mahlon. 10 And with the land I have acquired Ruth the Moabite, widow of Mahlon, to be my wife. This way she can have a son to carry on the family name of her dead husband and to inherit the family property here in his hometown. You are all witnesses today.”

   11 Then the elders and all the people standing in the gate replied, “We are witnesses! May the Lord make this woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, from whom all the nation of Israel descended! May you prosper in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem. 12 And may the Lord give you descendants by this young woman who will be like those of our ancestor Perez, the son of Tamar and Judah.”

As in all Happy Endings,
So Boaz took Ruth into his home, and she became his wife.

Ruth & Boaz's family was very Blessed, by all accounts they did live Happily.
 
Recap:
 
  • In the beginning of our story, we know that Ruth, raised by a ungodly family, is shown the one true God by Naomi & the family.
  • In her she must have had a great knowing that God Never fails... His people.Though, sometimes God's answers are different than what we want.
  • If you had asked her before, she would have loved Mahlon till death. She would have never asked God to have her love die.
  • When Heart Break struck, She so Trusted God that her Faith in Him never moved.
  • When she had to choose her path, it was God she didn't want to lose more than losing her family.
  • Her great Trust was used in a mighty way & rewarded. God brought her a Great Husband who could & wanted to take care of her.
  • This marriage resulted in a son that not only healed Naomi's bitter, broken heart,  but also through him Ruth became the Grandmother to David  & by that the  Grandmother Mother of Jesus.
                                                Ruth Knew
God provides for those who have Faith in Him...
Her faith in Action became a Legacy.



Ruth Thoughts???
I think she would want us all to learn that she was just a girl, that didn't let go of God's truth... He never leaves us or forsakes us.
I think she would ask some tough questions..


Questions
  1. Is your Faith determined by Happy or Un-Happy Endings?
  2. How do you respond to God when His answers are different than you wanted?
  3. What connection do you see in these two word Faith and Trust?
  4. Do you share God with people? Like Naomi, you never know if you are part of a mighty plan.
  5. Do you make path choices that say "I would rather lose 'this' than Lose My God?"
  6. Does your Faith have Traction in Action? When the rubber hits the Road does your Faith Shred?

God provides for those who have Faith in Him.

© 2008 Kris


Author's Note

Kris
This is my first Written from scratch Bible Study- Does it Flow well?
Does it give insight?
Does it cause you to have more interest in the subject?
Is the layout professional looking, if it was in a book?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

See I really like this and think it is good. I might look it over for grammatical errors but will have to do that later as I am in no shape to do so now. And Ruth is very interesting.
Me

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on October 5, 2008

Author

Kris
Kris

TX



About
more..