The quotes from the book of 1984:

The quotes from the book of 1984:

A Story by Maggie Mak
"

This is a book report

"
Learned something via reading literatureThe importance of I think,therefore I am from Descartes
The quotes from the book of 1984:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
You may laugh or feel angry when you read them because you know they are distorting the facts.
I can feel the dangers of totalitarianism after reading but it is a good book to read and I learned a lot. I won't say, I would be a person to anti-communism if I were living in the communist regime like North Korea because I don't have a strong power to do so , I also have a fear of labor camps and physical pain. However, maybe things will be changing in future, we all do not know. 
After watching the movie of 1984,I will say, love, emotions , freedom, individual differences and the idea of I think, therefore I am from Descartes ... are so important in our life. Since all the things will be the same in the communist regime, having the same lifestyle ,clothing ,haircut and even same belief, love your Big brother. However, it is true that every individual is different in nature. How come you force us to be 100% the same with each other ? I do believe that George Orwell, the writer of 1984 wanted to remind the public that the dangers of totalitarian government or totalitarianism. Or You can argue or say that the writer wanted to promote the positives sides of the capitalism and warned readers in the West about the danger of totalitarianism so as to get more supporters in the West and win the ideology competition in Cold war. To support that argument, we have to date back to the time in 1949 when George Orwell wrote this book. There were two important events accrued, first, the end of world war II and The republic Chain erected. West had a fear of the ideology, communism, would be expanded if the U.S and the West did not take any action. This was the reason why U.S took part in many wars, Korean war and The Vietnam war for example, to stop communist regime expanding. From my point of view, the plot of 1984 can be viewed as the mixture of Chinese cultural revolution (1966-1976) and nowadays North Korea regime. You can find a lot of features of nowadays North Korea regime in the story like big posters of the Big brother, labor camps and no law systems at all...

© 2016 Maggie Mak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Maggie Mak,
Wars and government ideas will always be causing change. The individual's greatest strength lies within itself. Our personal beliefs and values are what builds our spirit. The powers that be can limit our outside actions but we can always remain free on the inside.
richie b.
















Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Maggie Mak,
Wars and government ideas will always be causing change. The individual's greatest strength lies within itself. Our personal beliefs and values are what builds our spirit. The powers that be can limit our outside actions but we can always remain free on the inside.
richie b.
















Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on December 9, 2016

Author

Maggie Mak
Maggie Mak

Hong Kong , China



About
I am Maggie from Hong Kong studying at university year 3. I do love reading and writing. My passion for English has reinforced my decision and motivation to study English at the degree level. more..

Writing