A BAD OMEN

A BAD OMEN

A Story by Malz_24

That daughter of yours is a dog! Sandra, A tall woman, dark skinned and probably in her twenties shouted. It was a warm morning with a light breeze filled with tension from the anger and frustrations that was pouring from the women who stood yelling at each other from a distance; the little girl standing there and not completely understanding what was really happening. The exchange occurring between two siblings. Sophie the mother to the little girl stood there helpless because she couldn’t protect her little one from the insults that were being thrown to her by her very own aunt.
Sophie was the bread winner of the family despite her being married. Her husband John was a proud man who quit his job when he thought he had made enough money to last him a lifetime- not thinking about the tender ages of their five children. John later on spends his lifetime savings on alcohol and women leaving Sophie to fend for her to feed their children and of course John.
You’re a good for nothing woman! Even that useless husband of yours can barely provide for you and your children fired Sandra again. Sandra was the kind of women who never appreciated anything that Sophie had done. For instance Sandra was a newly divorced woman taken in by Sophie because she had nowhere to go with two kids to her name; the oldest Cathy and a young one Julie.
Sophie’s little girl Chloe was happy to have kids her age to play with everyday she came home from school. Being the fourth child in line she’d outgrown her older siblings and was looking for something childish to do. There’s a belief that in a family children get along according to their order of birth and this seemed to be true for Sophie who was the last born at that time; the third child rose was Chloe’s only trust and they got along like two peas in a pod, doing almost everything together. Rose was three years older than Chloe and God knows how she learnt things that were meant for adults.
One fateful day started out perfect; It was a Saturday and sophie decided she would spoil the children a little. “Go on and get ready or else i’ll leave the whole lot of you at home” said sophie to her children. All was set and they all headed out to spend time with mummy; the youngest Chloe was excited because it was a chance for her to spend time with her mother who was almost always never home. The house help became more like their mother- she did all the bathing, washing, cooking name it all whilst their mother Sophie went to work Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm to better the lives of all four children. “Mummy please get me and Rose those Pokémon play things!” Chloe yelled at the top of her voice. “Alright I will only if you behave yourself today”. The day went on well and they had enjoyed their family time and once done they all headed back home.
“How dare she act in such a disgusting way! She just acts like a child and yet she has the mind of an adult. I don’t want to see her anywhere near Cathy ever again” Sandra said once again. “Mummy I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do it. Me and Cathy where just trying to do what we saw in the movie,” Chloe said to her mum. Sophie on the other hand was angry but at the same time felt helpless because she just didn’t know what to do anymore with all the shoutings that were occurring. Most of all, Sophie was disappointed with all the insults that had been uttered to her because they had nothing to do with Chloe and Cathy’s experiment.
“We’re Finally home” said Lauren who was the oldest Child. Chloe and Rose immediately sped off into the house and began to play with their newly acquired Pokémon toys. Since it was a Saturday, Sophie quickly fixed up something for the children to have- children never seem to get satisfied no matter how much they eat. Once they were done Rose decided she wanted to play in their mother’s bedroom and took Chloe with her. They both ran to their mother’s bedroom where they began to play with lipstick, make up and everything they got their Hands on. Time went on and Rose said to Chloe “Let me show you what I learnt”, Rose began to Kiss Chloe in an inappropriate way- nothing to admire because it was all childish, Rose was equally young and inexperienced, Chloe on the other hand was much worse because she did not know an inch of what she was being taught to do- considering they were both female but they were both so young and Chloe was eager to learn.
“Chloe! Go into the house now and don’t come back out” Sophie yelled in anger. “I am the one that has fed you, clothed you, and had your entire back when the father of your children decided to leave with another woman, why now will you call me and my daughter all sorts of names?” she asked Sandra. Sandra in turn did not respond to this but instead maintained silence. After the confrontation was over, Sandra decided to pack her belongings.
“Get on the bed and remove your pant” Rose said to Chloe who in turn did exactly as she was told. Chloe’s childhood was about to be ruined by her very own sister and she didn’t know it. Had she been older she would have been able to reason. They were now on the bed together-It was more of a childish, sibling, incest experiment-eww- Chloe thought it was fun and decided to teach Cathy what she had learnt.
“Susan can you please check on your little sister whilst I clean your room,” Miss Majory said whilst listening to some music. Miss Majory had become like their mother and almost a member of the family. The children were always in the best of her interest and wouldn’t go a day without scolding them whenever they’d done something wrong. On this very day Miss Marjory is about to leave and go home when she stumbles upon Chloe and Cathy experimenting in their bedroom- such a tender age, a time when they should be playing in the mud, running around trying to catch birds. “what are the both of you doing? Chloe wait till your mum comes home and I will tell on you both.” Marjory walks out fast and informs their aunt Regina about her discovery. Regina walks to the room and asks both Chloe and Cathy to dress up and join the rest of the people who were present in the house.
It was a walk of shame for a five year old. Chloe was afraid and had no idea what would happen next- a beating perhaps. "I found these two in the room naked! I can't believe at their age they should be doing such things. I'm telling Sophie about this whole thing when she gets home" Regina said. There was no chance for Chloe to tell everyone how she learnt it all and from that day to present she'd be marked as the bad seed of the family. Regina walked to Sandra's room and walked in on her scolding Cathy "What were you doing with Chloe? Speak before I hit you!" She yelled "The only solution is to wait for Sophie to get home so we inform her of this abomination" Regina interrupted.
Sophie gets home looking forward to seeing her kids but upon arrival she's called by Sandra and Regina who explain everything to her. Angry, she quickly dashes out and heads to her room and has a change of clothes when she is done, she then grabs Chloe by the arm and scolds her. Chloe starts to cry but isn't still able to tell her mother how and where she had learnt to do what she had thought would be a good idea to show Cathy who was the same age as her. Sophie's lack of support from her husband John had made her have too much of a soft spot for all her children that she would never have the guts to hit any of them; instead she preferred to scold them and made sure none of them ever repeated a bad act ever again.
Chloe had been watching television when one of her aunts began to watch a movie that was inappropriate for a five year old. "I must try this with Cathy" she thought and then went to Cathy and told her what she had been taught and what she had seen on telly.
The next day smelt of hate, anger, frustration and irritation. Nobody was in a good mood and to some extent Chloe had unleashed a hidden family war because what would happen next wouldn't really be based on her actions but rather Sophie's own inner demon that haunted her entire life everyday. It so happened during Sophie's childhood that she was the least favourite child of her mother. Born in a family of six, sophie seemed to be the one that her father trusted and saw most of the potential; somehow she would be the saviour of her family if anything were to happen to her father. Unfortunately Sophie's father passes on at an early age of fourty and just before that he asks Sophie to ensure that his yougest daughter Mary be educated. Years pass by and Sophie fulfills her fathers wishes making her only mother and siblings hate her even more. Fast forward to the present day following Chloe's actions Sandra leaves the house and takes her stance on a stair case and yells "That daughter of yours is a dog!" Sophie upon hearing this walks out and trys to calm her down but to no avail "You’re a good for nothing woman! Even that useless husband of yours can barely provide for you and your children. How dare she act in such a disgusting way! She just acts like a child and yet she has the mind of an adult. I don’t want to see her anywhere near Cathy ever again” Sandra continued on "Atleast I'm not the one who chose men over my life. I got an education, got a job and can still keep up on my own unlike you who doesn't even have a job and yet I'm still feeding and fed your husband who has left you for another woman," yelled Sophie. Chloe begins to have an idea of what the yelling is about and says "Mummy I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do it. Me and Cathy where just trying to do what we saw in the movie" Sophie looks at her daughter filled with anger and says "Chloe! Go into the house now and don’t come back out”, "I am the one that has fed you, clothed you, and had your entire back when the father of your children decided to leave with another woman, why now will you call me and my daughter all sorts of names?” Sophie said to Sandra. The exchange of hurtful words go on until sophie becomes really angry that she gets a motor and nearly uses it to hit Sandra but John quickly grabs it from her.
Sandra then decides to pack and leave with her two children. Before leaving for good she uses charcoal to write insults towards Sophie on an entire wall of her room leaving Sophie the task to paint over it to cover it up. Life goes on as usual for the family but Sophie and Sandra do not speak to each other for the next three years.



© 2015 Malz_24


Author's Note

Malz_24
*THIS IS AN ACTUAL STORY. AUTHOR IS NOT IN ANY WAY A HOMOSEXUAL*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on November 27, 2015
Last Updated on November 27, 2015

Author

Malz_24
Malz_24

Kitwe, Copperbelt, Zambia



About
Fun, loving and down to earth girl with a passion to write more..