A day that was not.

A day that was not.

A Story by MandaClarine
"

Heartache

"

It is that moment, you know the one. When your heart hurts so much, your body is suffering from your heartache, you just wish you could be numb. In that moment you question everything. Why is this happening? It doesn’t matter how many people say it's going to be okay. It just doesn’t. All you need is someone there to hold you while you cry. Not try make you feel better but to cry with you.


But no one is there.


I want it to be you.


I love who you are. I can see beneath your façade, you are an artist. I watch you when you talk. You mean something different than the words you are speaking. It’s beautiful. I fall in love with you falling in love with her. I let you paint on my heart. It’s not jealousy I am feeling. I know you belong with her. I can’t help but think if you only knew my soul, if you knew what I saw in you, you would love me the way you love her. But it doesn't matter because you don't feel the same about me so its a waste of time, time I want to waste. I don’t want to take you away from her. You are my soul mate but I am not yours. So the best thing to do is leave.


Here I am back in a dark room wishing I had someone to hold me while I cry, wishing that person was you.


Come hold me while I cry over you. Because the truth is, we are not meant for each other and it breaks my heart.





© 2014 MandaClarine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Here I am back in a dark room wishing I had someone to hold me while I cry, wishing that person was you." We regret what we didn't do or have more than what we held in our hands. Thank you for sharing the powerful story. You said a lot in the short story.
Coyote




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

That is exactly right, thank you!



Reviews

This is very impressively well done, since it is so difficult to convey the feelings and imagery that you have managed to do so here perfectly. The piece is relatable, understandable, and more than anything, so heartrendingly, so painfully, and so undoubtedly true; and all of the truth of your words shine through like a candle in the dead of night. Congratulations.
I greatly look forward to seeing more of your writings in the future.

Posted 10 Years Ago


takes a depth of understanding to convey this thought that well... you have it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

thank you :)
"Here I am back in a dark room wishing I had someone to hold me while I cry, wishing that person was you." We regret what we didn't do or have more than what we held in our hands. Thank you for sharing the powerful story. You said a lot in the short story.
Coyote




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

That is exactly right, thank you!
very articulate it expresses something thats hard to put into words. :) i relate to it so much too

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

Thank you!! I appreciate it
Dark Heart of Winter

10 Years Ago

i shared it with my freind :P n i looked up a minute later n she was reading it with tears silently .. read more
MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

thank you for sharing it with her. Sometimes things just don't work out, but that's life.. I hope sh.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: Heartache, love, fear, letting go, art