Mitochondrial-Based Therapeutics to Witness Significant Growth due to Positive Clinical Results in t

Mitochondrial-Based Therapeutics to Witness Significant Growth due to Positive Clinical Results in t

A Story by Manish Kumar
"

According to a new research report “Mitochondrial-Based Therapeutics - Pipeline Analysis 2018, Clinical Trials & Results, Designations, Collaborations, & Other Developments” published by Pharma Proff

"

Mitochondria are the organelles found in cytoplasm of most eukaryotic cells. These are also known as power-house of the cell. Although, the gene expression of mitochondria has been poorly understood; however, it is very important to understand the same in the diseased patients. Several chronic diseases, such as Leigh’s disease, and Alper’s syndrome, occur due to the mutation in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), which alters mtDNA expression. Currently, there are no approved drugs for the treatment of diseases caused due to mtDNA mutation.

According to the research findings, majority of the drug candidates in the pipeline are being developed as a small molecule and synthetic peptides, to counteract the effect of mitochondrial-based diseases in body. These drug candidates have shown a positive-results in their Pre-Clinical and clinical studies.

It has been observed that many mitochondrial-based therapeutics are being granted various designation from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), and the European Commission. These milestones are helpful in accelerating the development of therapeutic molecular entity. For instance, in April 2018, Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc. announced that the USFDA granted Orphan Drug Designation to company’s frontrunner compound “Elamipretide”, to treat Barth syndrome and Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON).


Some of the key players involved in the development of mitochondrial-based therapeutics include Khondrion BV, CohBar Inc., BioElectron Technology Corporation, Chondrial Therapeutics Inc., Immungenetics AG, Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc., Congenia S.r.l., Astellas Pharma Inc., and Novartis AG.

For more info visit: www.pharmaproff.com

© 2019 Manish Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on May 16, 2019
Last Updated on May 16, 2019
Tags: Mitochondrial-Based Therapeutics, Mitochondrial-Based Therapeutics, Drug development for Mitochondri, Pharma Proff

Author

Manish Kumar
Manish Kumar

Noida, India



About
I am enthusiast to learn about New Digital World! more..

Writing