'Are You Happy Now?'

'Are You Happy Now?'

A Poem by MantaStyle

I was asked; but dared not reply. Too many lenses to probe, too many emotions to reanimate. Nightmares past, forlorn present, and probable futures. Parts of a whole, yet useless alone to me. 

Then, after looking through it all again, seeing all the flaws and failures and missteps I had took and will be taking, I could not utter a response that could evoke comfort, so, I did not. 

I kept my silence and she mirrored me. Looping into an eventual spiral of nihility. The silence deafens. Yet, amidst this dread, inside the echoing chambers of time, she turns to me with a faceless smile, asking again. 

Now, the fleeting moment of every second collapsed inwards. The void black no longer, her sanguine smile etched into memory. I then turn to her, marking this very moment into my soul, Trying to utter what I had felt, yet the moment is no longer.

© 2020 MantaStyle


Author's Note

MantaStyle
A personal poem for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Very strong and beautiful poem!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

Thank you.
i have never related to something this much before, i adore it !

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

thank you for adoring it. it truly is a special poem to me about my thoughts about myself. I'm alway.. read more
Thank you for sharing this Manta. Ying and yang ... the duality of life ... the give and take of expression.
What is it determines happiness? What satisfies our psyche?
Very well said.

One thing - first line second stanza - "I had took and will be taking" maybe 'I took and will be taking or I had taken and will be taking' ... just a thought.

I will be reading more.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

>I had took and will be taking

I wasn't sure if that part was grammatically correct o.. read more
Ted Kniffen

3 Years Ago

Poetry is best served when it is spoken and if it rolls off the tongue better when you read it, then.. read more
Our past walks with us into our present and future when we let it, but stopping it doing so is harder than it sounds. The emotions bubble to the surface and leave us fighting for a direction in which to go.
Sometimes we find silence eats at us, consuming the reality of our past until we no longer remember the good and wallow in the bad.
Very enjoyable and thought provoking write.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

I agree. In doing this poem, I was able to express and understand my personal flaws a lot better. Sa.. read more
What we didn't do or what we didn't say. Haunt our thoughts. I liked the twist of thoughts and the honest emotions in the words. I could feel and understand them. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

It really is a personal poem for me. It's special as I don't write poems that often as I try to give.. read more
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You did well. Hard to write personal struggle.
This is very well written, I enjoyed reading it. Makes me remember the times I didn't speak up when I should've. It happened twice. Wish I had done so. I'm still full of regret. Kudos. Top score. :))

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MantaStyle

3 Years Ago

Thanks! For me it's a deeper and more emotional poem than just merely speaking up but I'm very happy.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2020
Last Updated on June 15, 2020

Author

MantaStyle
MantaStyle

Philippines



About
An amateur writer who tries too hard to look good. more..

Writing
1- Huntress 1- Huntress

A Chapter by MantaStyle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mindset Mindset

A Poem by WittyWonka


IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite