The Sailing Trip (Ladies' Lunch Disaster) (Part III)

The Sailing Trip (Ladies' Lunch Disaster) (Part III)

A Story by NigellaStory1

The Sailing Trip (Ladies' Lunch Disaster)

Part III: Ladies' Lunch Disaster:

At around 1pm, all four women gathered together for their afternoon lunch. With the bad weather now an almost-full-blown storm, this wasn't an easy task at all. With the constant every-changing motion of the yacht, this made things extremely difficult.

Karen was sitting on the right in front of one of the portholes, whilst Michelle was sitting on her right and Emma just on the outside. Andrea sat at the opposite end of the table. The only one of the group who wasn't coping well with all the constant swaying and rolling of the yacht was Emma. She wasn't really used to the sailing world, which was a completely new experience for her, unlike the other three. At this point, she was just feeling a little bit seasick, but was somehow just about managing to keep it together. The constant and ever-changing motion of the yacht wasn't exactly helping things either thought.

Michelle could see that Emma wasn't feeling too well. She said, "Feeling sick again, Emmie?"

Emma nodded.

"Yes. I'm not good at all," she said. "but I think I can hold it togther for a little while longer!"

She then lowered her voice and whispered, "This is a bit awkward though, isn't it?"

"Oh not at all!" replied Michelle rather casually. "Storms DO occur every so often at sea but they're generally nothing to really worry about if you just happen to know exactly what you're doing!"

"This isn't the worst that you've ever experienced. Michelle?" Andrea asked as she held her drink in bewteen her hands.

"No it isn't. I remember being on a cruise a few years ago and our yacht encounterd some of the worst weather I've ever seen!," replied Michelle. "It was so bad that I thought our yacht was going to capsize! Thankfully, it didn't! Boy! Were we lucky to get out of THAT in one piece!" she exclaimed.

"Wow!" exclaimed Andrea. "I didn't know that!"

"Oh yes!" replied Michelle."The sea can be extremely calm and traquil but it can also be extremely deadly and dangerous as well!"

As they all pondered on this, the yacht dipped down forward rather suddenly. Instinctively, all four women held on to the edges of the table.

Unfortunately though, this now meant that all the plates and dishes were then left unattended. This was particularly bad timing as the storm had now reached its peak. The yacht now began to heave, pitch and roll about at an increasingly alarming angle.

Karen was trying to eat her lunch when the yacht suddenly and abruptly listed to the left. One of the desert bowls began sliding towards her. At the same time, the door of the cupboard to the right just above Andrea's head threatened to swing open a number of times.

Emma suddenly said, "Hey Karen! Watch that.....Desert! Ohh dear!!" she exclaimed.

Karen gasped in horror as the desert bowl ended up landing in Karen's lap splattering desert all over her top and skirt.

Karen looked down at the absolute mess on herself. After a few moments, she gingerly picked up the bowl off her lap and it was only then that she saw the enormous chocolate and cream stains on her top and skirt. She let out a slight, rather sorrowful moan and looked up to Michelle and Emma. Michelle was shaking her head while Emma just simply shrugged her shoulders while trying to look sympathetic.

As this happened, Emma suddenly noticed another half-eaten dinner plate beginning to slide towards Michelle. She immediately reached out with her arm in a vain attempted to try and tip it away from her. Unfortunately though, what she failed to notice was the fact that Michelle had a glass of red wine in her hand. As she raised it to her lips, the yacht made suddenly lurch to starboard; the exact same direction that the dinner plate was sliding!

Next moment, their hands came into contact.

Michelle gasped with horror as she watched her red wine spill all over her top. She cursed as she knew how difficult a stain this was going to be to wash out. As for Emma....Well, she ended up putting the sleeve of her top into the very dinner plate that she'd tried in vain to save. She frowned in disgust at this while the plate smashed to pieces as it hit the floor.

Andrea giggled as she watched this. She was now sthink: "Well. Now that the others have finally gotten their just deserts, it won't happen to me! Hee! hee! Michelle got it right on the chest!! Lovely!!"

However, she didn't giggle for long. The cupboard just above her head, suddenly swung open and four eggs went absoloutely flying....right towards Andrea!

Anticipating what was going to happen next, Andrea just simply closed her eyes and frowned as she felt these eggs landing on her top, splattering egg yolk all over it with a squelch.. Some of the egg yolk ran down her top and stained her skirt as well.

By now, the storm had gradually begun to settle down again. After a few moments, the sea began to settle back down to an almost-flat calm level. This now made it possible for the women to get up from the table which they all did together, looks of absolute disgust on each of their faces. The situation was an absolutely mess. Not only were the women's clothes ruined but their dinner table was in an awful state with food and drink having been spilt absolutely everywhere.

Fortunately though, the yacht seemed to have suffered no major damaged despite having been tossed around like a toy boat in a bath tub.

As each of the women took stock of their situation, Emma caught sight of an island in the distance. She told Michelle about this. Michelle, once she'd made sure about this, made plans for them to land on this desert island. With that, the yacht began to cautiously making its way towards the desert island.

© 2014 NigellaStory1


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 29, 2014
Last Updated on May 29, 2014