Adventures Through The Outlook

Adventures Through The Outlook

A Story by Marissa M.
"

My Creative Writing Assignment from September: Photograph Writing.

"

                                                                    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Green lush trees in the spring and summer, and leaves covered in reds and oranges and yellows in the fall. The river runs blue over the hills and valleys throughout the western part of the state, seeking new direction every day. Crossed by the bridges of northwest, and ridden by the large steaming barges, the river finds many new adventures. The river is a cool, fun swimming destination to everyone from newborns to old timers. The woods act as a playground for the animals that live there. Furry spotted newborn deer hurry along with wobbling legs, seeing the new world as opportunity to live and play. Chipmunks and squirrels and groundhogs alike, scurry by the deep burrows where their old pals sleep. Rabbits are hopping, robins are flying, and raccoons come out into the night. A critter jubilee is set for dusk, as the stars like glitter glow and sparkle, making a magical scene. The wolves and coyotes even do come, to enjoy the play with their young fragile cubs. Nosily howling at the big bright man in the sky, letting all the animals know who is the loudest and best of them all. As midnight sets in, it’s the start of a fresh new day. Mother bear carries her cubs, one by one by the furry scruff on their chubby necks. She takes them to a special home with food galore, only known as a cave with a berry bush to the unknowing human kind. Time marches on as the creatures of the woods sleep to the rushing calm sound of the old river. It’s always there, always faithful.  It provides drinking water, and even bathing water for every creature who needs it. Now it’s the early morning setting of 5 am, and the birds are happily singing, letting many of their creature friends know to start this day with joy.  Mother Nature has given once again, the well-deserved love in her way, by letting the river run wild and trees grow freely, taking life wherever it may go.

© 2011 Marissa M.


Author's Note

Marissa M.
I wrote this based on a real place, the Kennerdell Scenic Outlook near where I live. It's so beautiful and stunning. It looks wonderful any season of the year.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, you really know how to develop a setting. Your imagery and description is wonderful and really set the mood of the peaceful place. There is no story here, but that's okay with me, for it was still a visit to a nice place that I would just love to see. Oh, by the way, you put nosily instead of noisily in the line "Nosily howling at the big bright man in the sky". Unless the wolves and coyotes are curious instead of loud, you might want to fix it, and combine that sentence with the one before it to avoid fragments. That stuff doesn't matter so much, though. This really was great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amazing, you took your reader's minds and literally dragged them through the forest. Your imagery paints beautiful pictures that made me feel as if I was actually standing in the forest watching everything take place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This would make a good tourism piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, you really know how to develop a setting. Your imagery and description is wonderful and really set the mood of the peaceful place. There is no story here, but that's okay with me, for it was still a visit to a nice place that I would just love to see. Oh, by the way, you put nosily instead of noisily in the line "Nosily howling at the big bright man in the sky". Unless the wolves and coyotes are curious instead of loud, you might want to fix it, and combine that sentence with the one before it to avoid fragments. That stuff doesn't matter so much, though. This really was great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 19, 2011
Last Updated on October 19, 2011

Author

Marissa M.
Marissa M.

PA



Writing