Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Dream Like All Along The Watchtower

Dream Like All Along The Watchtower

A Story by Mark Mendoza

Dream : leaving I am free, my last words. In an institution where mind manifested everything, sometimes it was your own thoughts, sometimes it was others thoughts...but your fate. But all the time responses to the fast thinking mind. Every detail. Everyone stumbling around confused. A lot of symbolism. Christ. Light and dark. Yin and yang positive and negative. Caged. Free. God. No god. When the ring leader came out with trash, (the person I thought for sometime was running the show) things appeared to be still and make sense with a friend by my side who healed. We asked what is freedom. We ended up at a god who is all powerful.

But then the conversation went to a god who can't be caught. Because if they are caught they go back in the cycle of being in a room where someone knows you are god, they will steal it from you. So we said one who can't be caught and is all things. I said I was leaving. Leaving I am free. I was told thanks for coming and that I would die out there. I was caught at the door by a woman with a mask. She said, wait, you need a mask and eyes that see. I went into the rain barefooted thinking about my family and home. The dream started with me entering the place thinking it was a dinner party. People shared ideas. A man told me to think of the peice of bread he handed me as anything I wanted. He used the example of the body of Christ.

Everything changed like they did at the mental institution. Everyone knew something powerful, yet seemed tortured in there own ways. We walked. We sat. We dreamed our fates. Yet in the end I believe I was saved. Some saving grace left me to me. To not be raped, hurt so severely. They just threw me to the edge. I had movement of my body freely. I saw my dad early in the dream speaking in tongues. I tried speaking in tongues in the room to keep the evil thoughts away, but of course they came back. Telling someone not to do something leads to them doing it. Things were flipped and twisted in the room we roamed. My friend next to me, well at least I think he was my friend, suffered away, being struck again and again, I think he smiled. Crooked joker man, theifs stealing perspective, all along the watchtower indeed.


© 2022 Mark Mendoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on February 14, 2022
Last Updated on February 25, 2022

Author

Mark Mendoza
Mark Mendoza

Marietta, GA



About
My name is Mark A. Mendoza Welcome, with the warmest heart. This is a home for some of my poetry. This is a home for music I record https://markmoosemendoza.bandcamp.com/ more..

Writing