Wordless Green Leaves

Wordless Green Leaves

A Poem by Mark
"

For Change

"



Without a word or even a sound the newly grown leaves protect the ground.

Upon your head it rains not for the leaves of maple shelter your spot

These brave soldiers of self-sacrifice ask nothing but a little paradise. These once beautiful and caring green friends have started to dissappear and cease to share the gift of life they bring to the ones they used to shelter. Our own survival and the survival of many a species depends upon the very bodies of the ones we harm. No amount of eloquence or charm could take back the harm we have wrought upon our earth. however leaves grow back and temperatures cool... all we have to do is listen to the formerly labelled fool that rants about green and oxygen.

Without a word of even a sound the dying leaves fall to the ground...

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Man I loved this, mainly cause poems of nature are my favorite. Also it had a very important meaning to it. Keep it up man.
-Stalker
Um is it creepy to leave -Stalker under my review?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome! I love poetry about the environment and what humanity is doing to destroy it! Great job


Anna

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Where ever my feet are.



About
I love the rain. Im an oldschool Romantic, paint you a picture, show up at your doorstep with flowers and a bowl of chicken soup when your sick, write you my love, trail a trail of rose petals to y.. more..

Writing
Cloudy Bliss Cloudy Bliss

A Poem by Mark