The vent 1

The vent 1

A Poem by Anthony Guest

If you know me you know I’ll go to the back for those that really f**k with me. I got too much self respect and pride to talk behind anyone back let alone willingly betray anyone even my worst enemies in any fashion. I can’t bend who I am to be someone that another wants me to be. I just can’t put an act on so that people can accept me , it’s just not who I am nor who I want to be. Its mainly because I understand that its doesn’t matter if your in a suit and tie or if you talk good ,that regardless of what you do good or bad people are going to perceive you the way they want. I can’t focus on that aspect of people, all can do is be me ,focus on being a better me and striving to be the best me I can be. Everything I am ,everything I feel, is always there raw and heavy a heart that I’m always wearing on my sleeve. Don’t have no use for animosity ,hate, bitterness , so I don’t allow it to dwell because all I got is honesty and no room for those unnecessary feelings. You can’t be afraid to be you, because when you do that’s when you become unauthentic.

© 2020 Anthony Guest


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

11 Views
Added on November 15, 2020
Last Updated on November 15, 2020