Secret room

Secret room

A Story by Mirror

           I have heard you waking up this morning. Washed your face, felt the water. Took a shower, went to work. It has not been neither a short nor a long day for you. Then you closed your eyes and that's when you entered the room. When you entered the room you saw me staring at the fire towards the chimney.
                "Long time no see"

           Wine? Nobody likes a dry feeling these days. How have you been? Seeing you again brings a smile on my lips. I am not too nostalgic but I also take nothing for granted. You know what i am talking about? Funny feeling. Come and goes. Reminds me of someone.
 
                    "Who?"

            Immagine a possible future. One that someone does not have to stare the fire but live in it! In that world nothing can take that away from you. A place where it never feel cold and it never gets old. Everything outside is quite chaotic. If a person was to enter from out there inside here what would you say? No one knows what to say and it actually does not matter which words you use. We got close.
                "Close?"

         Close your fists. Focus inside. I want to fight. This is close. However this is not my battle and the longer I am forced to stare the more screams I suffocate on my throat. Standing over that hill seeing so much pain and cowardice not being able to share this weight. You have to feel without living and wait without feeling.
       
     
              "Why choose that?"

          At the end of the night before the dawn one realizes it. Later the morning, each one of them, I decide whether I am going to be strong or weak. It is my choice and the result affects all. The ones I see and the ones that I do not. It is called being alive and if I get weak and stay weak for too long I will eventually hurt someone. To avoid that I never choose weak for more than once from time to time. It is called growing the f**k up. Do many do that? Or few do?

© 2018 Mirror


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on June 16, 2018
Last Updated on June 16, 2018

Author

Mirror
Mirror

Pescara, Pescara, Italy



About
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things." -Oscar Wilde Most of my words may not be beautiful but they will truly reflect the beauty I have seen and perceived during my everyday life. I .. more..

Writing
The Valkyries The Valkyries

A Story by Mirror