Challenging the Perceptions of Homophobia

Challenging the Perceptions of Homophobia

A Poem by Poet Pittinix
"

This is the essence of free speech.

"

Some dictionaries define homophobia as fear of, dislike of or prejudice against homosexuals,

But many people have different perceptions of homophobia that do not make sense.

Anybody can challenge linguistics because there is no real authority on any language.

Most people simply adhere to the things they were taught even if they are false teachings.

 

Readers, note that neither disagreement nor denouncement is a definition of homophobia.

On this basis, a person who disagrees with or denounces homosexuality is not homophobic.

To disagree with someone or to denounce something is not fear, dislike, or prejudice.

It is not wise to brand people as being homophobic because they disagree with or denounce homosexuality.

 

Another issue is the suffix “-phobia” which is defined as extreme or irrational fear or dislike of a specified thing or group.

According to this definition, anyone who has an extreme or irrational fear or dislike of a person or a thing suffers from a phobia.

So everybody has certain kinds of phobias because all humans fear or dislike someone or something.

Homosexuals are too thin-skinned, and they always surmise that other people are homophobic.

© 2024 Poet Pittinix


Author's Note

Poet Pittinix
The author of this composition has no further comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 26, 2024
Last Updated on March 26, 2024
Tags: homosexuals, homophobia, lesbians, destruction, linguistics

Author

Poet Pittinix
Poet Pittinix

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi everyone, I'm an author from Jamaica. I write poems, songs and short stories. Do not send me any private messages. I came here to read and to publish my compositions, not to engage in controvers.. more..

Writing