Mule Royal

Mule Royal

A Story by Poet Pittinix
"

This is a short story about an incestuous man.

"

      There was a middle-aged man who lived in Warrick, south Manchester. His name was Mr. Busher. Some people called him Mas Busha. He was a farmer, and he had a Christian wife and three beautiful daughters. His wife was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. It was rumoured that he was a child molester and that he had incestuous relationships with his daughters, but he denied those allegations.


      The residents of the district nicknamed him Mule Royal. Jamaicans give that name to any man who has sex with his daughter. Mas Busha would curse anybody who calls him Mule Royal, and he would throw big stones at the person. Many people including schoolchildren would mock and ridicule him and run away. Whenever this happens, he would get angry and chase after them and threaten to kill them.


      A young woman from the city accompanied her best friend to the district to visit her relatives. They spent a week in the cool mountainous country. The woman saw Mas Busha a few times, but she did not get the opportunity to say hello to him. She noticed his anger when people called him Mule Royal. She thought his surname was Royal and the people added Mule as a nickname, so she did not take the trouble to ask anybody about it. She later regretted her decision not to mention it to someone.


      The stranger was a polite woman. Furthermore, in those days, well-bred people usually greet one another warmly when they meet on the road. An unfortunate and unexpected incident was about to happen.


      The following day the woman went for a casual walk, and she met Mas Busha on the path. “Good morning, Mr. Royal,” she said politely. Mas Busha thought she was mocking him, so he became enraged, and he threw some big stones at her. She was so scared; she quickly ran for cover and screamed for help. Furthermore, she did not understand why he did that when she greeted him in such a friendly manner.


      A group of passers-by went to her rescue, and they tried to calm down Mas Busha. The woman explained herself clearly. “I’m not from around these parts, and I didn’t know that Royal wasn’t your real name,” she said. “I’m so sorry, Sir,” she added. Mas Busha also apologised to her, and they shook hands and amicably resolved the misunderstanding. That incident did not change Mas Busha; he would still curse and attack anybody who dares to call him Mule Royal.

 

The End

© 2024 Poet Pittinix


Author's Note

Poet Pittinix
Enjoy the reading of my story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on April 4, 2024
Last Updated on April 5, 2024
Tags: incest, farmer, woman, nickname, daughters

Author

Poet Pittinix
Poet Pittinix

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi everyone, I'm an author from Jamaica. I write poems, songs and short stories. Do not send me any private messages. I came here to read and to publish my compositions, not to engage in controvers.. more..

Writing