The Milking

The Milking

A Story by Poet Pittinix
"

This is a short story about a pastor and a thief.

"

      A reputable pastor of a Seventh Day Adventist Church had a cattle farm at his home in Grove Town. He reared cows, goats and other livestock to make a living. His name was Mr. Buchanan. He was a pleasant and kind-hearted man. The parishioners and other people in the district called him Pastor Buchanan.


      Unfortunately, a thief used to go to the cattle pen at nights and steal milk. The wicked thief would overmilk the cows and leave no milk for the calves to drink. Consequently, the poor calves were starving, and the pastor could not get any milk for himself. So, he decided to do something about the situation.


      One night Pastor Buchanan stayed up late to watch out for the thief. Shortly after midnight, he heard a strange sound coming from the cattle pen. He looked through the kitchen window, and he was surprised to see who the thief was. The man who was stealing the milk was a prominent member of the congregation named Mr. Davis. He had a big bucket in one hand and a flashlight in the other.


      The pastor was not a violent person, so he did not intend to harm the man. He called out to him and said, “Brother Davis! Leave a little milk for me and the calves, please.” When the thief heard the pastor’s voice, he dropped the bucket of milk and ran toward the back fence. From that night on, the thief never returned to Pastor Buchanan’s cattle farm to steal milk again.

 

The End

© 2024 Poet Pittinix


Author's Note

Poet Pittinix
This is an old story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 14, 2024
Last Updated on April 15, 2024
Tags: thief, milk, pastor, cows, congregation

Author

Poet Pittinix
Poet Pittinix

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi everyone, I'm an author from Jamaica. I write poems, songs and short stories. Do not send me any private messages. I came here to read and to publish my compositions, not to engage in controvers.. more..

Writing