State Terrorism

State Terrorism

A Poem by Poet Pittinix
"

This poem denounces injustice and oppression.

"

A young man recently received life sentence for illegal possession of a firearm.

This action by the government of Jamaica is no less than oppression.

 

Some may disagree with me, but the tyrannical state alone should not be armed.

The stupid police like to brand ghetto youths as criminals and gunmen.

 

Consider the fact that the biggest criminals are politicians, the members of parliament.

Moreover, every person who uses a gun is a gunman or a “gunwoman.”

 

If we did not have resistance in our society to stand up for our rights,

The wicked leaders of this country and the security force would literally walk on the people.

 

Jamaica is full of injustice, white-collar crime and deceitful officials.

We have an evil-minded prime minister, a corrupt police force and a corrupt army.

 

Members of the security force are exonerated when they murder innocent civilians.

The violation of human rights and state terrorism are on the rise in this country.

 

When the head of the stream is filthy, what do you expect downstream, Mr. Prime Minister?

I am going to write more about this issue in another short composition.

© 2024 Poet Pittinix


Author's Note

Poet Pittinix
Poet Pittinix is not afraid to exercise his right to free speech.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

36 Views
Added on April 18, 2024
Last Updated on April 18, 2024
Tags: tyranny, oppression, politicians, corruption, Prime Minister

Author

Poet Pittinix
Poet Pittinix

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi everyone, I'm an author from Jamaica. I write poems, songs and short stories. Do not send me any private messages. I came here to read and to publish my compositions, not to engage in controvers.. more..

Writing