Junkie's Hands

Junkie's Hands

A Story by Marri
"

constructive criticism always welcome

"

They must be dead. Their black shapes must have cropped out a piece of the picture as they flew down out of tune, out of time, flawlessly floating in the midst of a faster soundtrack, without hope and without anybody to rescue them. Ink drops of an angry writer (his dishevelled hair, trembling hand, empty coffee cup).

They must be dead. Millions and millions of them, black beads on a canvas, falling off the balcony of the old panel block, around: the sky, the mountain, the solid chunk of car noise,the big birch. I can see them flying down, their feet moving in every direction.Apocaliptic trajectory and the sound of their Munch's mouths sucked out. Some of them hit the branches of the tree and their bodies break into quadratic shapes. Most of them must have splashed on the ground as drops of Dali paint, buttoning up the ground with their bodies and not letting it breath. They must be dead. Millions and millions of them. Their lives not mattering, their bodies all the same. Black.


  When I was five years old, I used to rescue the ants that moved up and down our balcony. I had attached little parachute to a match box and evacuated them in families and groups and sent them down from the fifth floor of our block, to a ground that should have been safer. I had saved a whole generation of them, and was responsible for the future generations that I didn’t save. These future generations must be dead. All of them. The match box with a parachute lies somewhere under a tree with flowers and dog s**t around it, and a piece of children toy next to it which has drowned in the shades of earth. The parachute is all torn, the match box is with a lost shape. Autumn junkie’s hands had once had held it and dropped it without passion, without remorse. The ants I had saved belonged to a different world. The four open windows of a car equaled freedom, my mother was a god and life was still only a horizon: untouchable, and unlived. The next generations had died. No little hands to save them. No-prospect world, no prospect panel block as the only peak you climb, no-prospect child that had lost its no-prospect empathy for a no-prospect life.


They fly. Down. Little drops of blackness. Millions and millions of them. Around the sky, the mountain, the solid chunk of car noise and the big birch.

© 2012 Marri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate the deep, distant allegories of this piece. But this line: "The four open windows of a car equaled freedom, my mother was a god and life was still only a horizon: untouchable, and unlived." shows me something very beautiful. And I think you could quite capably write a real and impacting story. Would love to see it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Marri

11 Years Ago

And I appreciate your comment! I am terrified of short stories ( and it shows ) but I will roll my s.. read more
the little drops of blackness multiplying to millions and millions... that is does seem like apocalyptic imagery.. I feel completely submerged in your imagery... really like a submarine exploring the deepness of a mysterious sea... that sea being all these images of remembrance... so detailed the way you wrote about the match box and generations of ants.. my own eyes narrowed to concentrate on the picture of the match box.. how it passes into the ground and is discarded so dispassionately... and a childhood is not a childhood with your mother as a god... beautiful imagery there.... and a kind of despair that I want to envelope me as well.. that big birch.. solitary and atmospheric. I feel very moved by this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Circe

11 Years Ago

ohhh woooow, I love harold and maude too! in fact, I was watching a few of its memorable scenes on y.. read more
Marri

11 Years Ago

I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece over the other movies, but it has a few good concepts and beautifu.. read more
Circe

11 Years Ago

wow... so many titles... I'm excited to see this! haven't seen blue velvet, rope, or any of the funn.. read more
It took me a second read to properly understand the story, though that doesn't mean anything negatively. The imagery in the first paragraph is very well composed, with many elements returning later on in the story. Though it seems difficult to interpretate these lines and leaves the reader confused of what is meant here. But you make this up with the second parapgraph in which you explain the above mentioned imagery, which clearifies everything immediately. All in all, a a very creative story. Well done.

Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Marri

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I know that I tend to digress and the chaos in my head doesn't always make comprehensive .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012

Author

Marri
Marri

Bremen, Germany



About
http://www.marrri-nikolova.tumblr.com/ 'If I knew myself, I'd run away...' I pick a word, phrase, sentence, sometimes even a whole chunk of text from what I wrote yesterday, the day be.. more..

Writing
Grapes Grapes

A Poem by Marri