Lady of the Night

Lady of the Night

A Story by MH

She stood at the mirror.

Just like on the coal miners face, you could see her occupation on hers- wrinkles, worries and pain.
Once more, she touches her blackened eyebrows, sets back in place her hair and feels her bag.

The key is inside.

Leaving, she wonders who will visit her tonight.

Will it be a sure and rough man? Or an adorably clumsy boy who snatches his exploring hands away at every sharper look, a boy who pleads with his eyes for permission whenever his touch becomes bolder?

Will he leave behind his perfume, scent of wine or nothing but messy pillows and warm sheets which will become as cold as he?

Will her bed stay as lonely as her heart?
Her life?

© 2015 MH


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This work does need some help. I don't think it works as a story. This works better, especially the way you wrote it as a poem. You could use more imagery, and then final thoughts and resolution with a sense of content. Never leave the reader not knowing if the protagonist or narrator is complete or incomplete. Make sure you get the idea across clearly.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015
Tags: Lady, night, questions, slice of life

Author

MH
MH

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia



About
Hello. I am from Zagreb, Croatia. I am a nurse and a fan of many things, including anime. I often experiment with writing styles. Bye. more..

Writing
Something Something

A Poem by MH


Blood on my Name Blood on my Name

A Story by MH