The Gray

The Gray

A Story by Matriarch
"

When you finally meet the one your world is no longer gray

"

Today when I walked outside something was different. The sky was blue like when a baby opens its eyes for the first time, still so fresh and alive. It stood out like a scar like the pain that caused it. The feathery grass had fresh dew on it glistening from the tips. I had gotten up earlier than anticipated but I felt like the sun ready to rise. I felt like I could run 20 miles when in reality I couldn’t even run 1. I clutched my bag tightly to my side and walked to my job. I had been working at this coffee house for more than a week now. It wasn’t my first choice of employment but a job is a job.

            I began to put on my apron when I looked into the mirror glaring down at me. Marble brown eyes stared back at me; they reminded me of happy memories of days gone by. My hair was a flaxen color that seemed to glow in the right light. My skin was an olive tone with faint tone of bronze. I looked down at the rest of my body never experiencing or seeing something so beautiful I could barely contain a smile.

            My shift started and began my long day of labor. Everything was quite nice besides a woman who wore all pink. I had never really noticed before. Her eyes were as hollow as a naked mole rat and her skin was a pallor color as if she had been sick recently. Her pink hair was up in a bun showing off even more of the creases on her skin.

            Nearing the end of my shift an enchanting man came in with sapphire eyes and smooth lips. I could feel my stomach gyrating and my body moving towards his. I did not know this man but I needed to know more about him. He ordered a regular black coffee to go and flashed me an encouraging smile. I slowly began making his drink wanting to prolong our time together as I knew I’d never see him again.

After a vast amount time I handed him his drink but before I could ask him even for his number he dropped his drink to the floor as did he. Everything went silent all movement around me slowed down to an excruciating speed. I could feel my heart hammering on my chest. At that moment I felt no sorrow but amazement by my surroundings. I looked down at him as his eyes bore into mine. I fell to the floor a dull ache in my chest. As I looked at him once more his face was no longer sapphire but black and his lips were a slight gray. My life had lost its color once again

© 2014 Matriarch


Author's Note

Matriarch
This is a rough draft of the story and I would appreciate any reviews, thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 6, 2014
Last Updated on May 6, 2014
Tags: soul mate, love, happiness, death

Author

Matriarch
Matriarch

Writing
Anna Anna

A Chapter by Matriarch


The Damned The Damned

A Book by Matriarch