Death is fired

Death is fired

A Story by Matt Cabazal

"Death is retiring and needs to find a replacement for the job." says the boss of human ideology.

Death is someone whom we feared for years, whom we tried to avoid our whole entire life because that is his job, to literally keep us alive. He saved us from almost everything because just the thought of him will make you want to avoid him but that's fine with him as long as we're alive he's doing a great job.

Anna, a girl from San Diego High School, is struggling a lot with school works, bullies, family issues and mainly the society. She just wants to live a normal life but she can't because she's battling with Standards, an idealogy that is keeping us in balance and keeping us up with the flow of life, and Self-Consciuosness, an ideology that stirs our life away from death. Both these ideologies are nemesis with Death because they're making him look bad at his job. Anna wants to keep up with the society's standards so that she could fit in and actually be "normal". Her self-consciousness drives her nuts because no matter what she does, she's still not enough to everyone's eyes. So she decided to turn the wrong away, the way leading to Death's door. She can't keep up with the society and she's tired of not being enough, so she personally knocked on Death's door to ask for a favor...

© 2018 Matt Cabazal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Jairah. The concept is great but it could be longer.

Posted 5 Years Ago


matt !!ang ganda pero bakit ang bitin? Gusto ko 'yung ideya nito pero parang may kulang, sana pinahaba mo pa ng onti. : )

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2018
Last Updated on August 4, 2018
Tags: Short story, story, essay, creative writing, writing, death

Author

Matt Cabazal
Matt Cabazal

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
I write poems to express my pain and I write stories to give life to my creativity. more..

Writing