Tales From a Cabin Boy 6/25/2019

Tales From a Cabin Boy 6/25/2019

A Story by Matthew Hipps

Written to- "Idaho" by Gregory Alan Isakov.

Seeking the night for when I may stumble about the empty yet echo filled cargo cart of a lone train heading only into Midwestern territories. On this journey it seems very possible to be accompanied by the friendliest of bourbons, as well as only witnessing poorly lit grasslands and mountains. The temperature unable to go below or above 60 degrees outside, just cold enough to take comfort in a  favorite coat. The moon is the only light offered, and without a doubt mostly preferred. The sun does not exist while boarded on this train, it is even stated with bold letters on my boarding pass. The train will guide along as requested so long as I supply the melancholy to the conductor. How many destinations and sights would it take for me to experience before I  am able to find my stop? Honestly, I am not quite sure, nor do I really care the outcome. S**t, viewing the peace in front of myself and listening to other musicians heartstrings can be found way more than enough of a reason to pick up the Marlboro Reds, right? Ill let you know what I find out when I arrive.

Until next time,

Your Cabin Boy.

© 2019 Matthew Hipps


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on June 26, 2019
Last Updated on June 26, 2019

Author

Matthew Hipps
Matthew Hipps

Drinking with Rob Gordon, TX



About
Eighteen year old Journalism/creator of short stories. Melancholy and nostalgia are my hero's. Writing is strictly based off of emotion brought from music. I will allow you to dance with the skeleton'.. more..

Writing