Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Oh America

Oh America

A Poem by Matt Stitzel

Oh America you've done a perfectly beautiful job and job well done
You've kept your minions and sheep and had all your ducks in a row for so long and now I am one of them.
I'll watch your tv shows and your melancholy movies that actually make people feel good for some unknown reason probably from all the chemical red 42 you've pumped into all of them.
All while I'll put off my emotions and aspirations and dreams.
You have succeeded in destroying my spirit but all in the good hopes and health of building a bigger bomb.

Oh yes America woah is you and your helplessly desperate lost causes.
Woah is me for being involuntarily involved with this somehow still unknown and apparently politically staged scheme that is our sorry state. So called "we".
I've done things in the way you say and lived my life on the square.
Listened to teachers parents and presidents and all while they ignore me.
And tell me now to work and find a nice girl to have a house and nice white picket fence.
But you've made your house all the same and you've taken your women, the only true and pure thing this world has left and holds sacred, and defiled and demoralized them while pretending to adore them
Made most believe beauty is a pretty plastic Barbie and held them to this ridiculous standard.
It's not right. I'm just glad I'm not a women.

Oh yes ok USA
How have we become such a sorry superficial excuse for the state of any society of people on any planet. Watching reality tv and the same movies.
Native Americans were closing to reality and true happiness then we ever will be, same with actual peace and living alongside natue
It's all coming down and we don't even realize not only have we stopped moving.
We've switched gears to reverse.
Causing the same useless wars and making the same mistakes. Build it up just destroy down again.
Your people are still poor and your people are still bigots. They hate themselves and it's your doing.
Even those behind the nice whit picket fence off themselves.

It's a wild world and a truely laughable one at that nowadays.

© 2015 Matt Stitzel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on June 26, 2015
Last Updated on June 26, 2015