08/9/14

08/9/14

A Poem by ACrownofSwords
"

On stories, magic, and endings.

"
  A Good Story should hurt. The ending should hurt, at least. Because when you are burning through those last, hopeless, pages you feel the force of an ending pushing down on you, and it hurts. Like a b***h. Because you go through those pages thinking “this is it, this it and this is the Last Time and once I turn this page I will arrive at The End and it will be over.” This is the final moment where The End lies unwritten ( because nothing is written until you read it ). So you linger on the edge of a page, you feel the dread rising up within you - clawing and biting and screaming into the darkness of your throat and your chest and then swelling in your lungs. And then you turn the pages to The End and the finality crushes you. The last few words hang heavy with the apocalyptic power of unspoken words. You take a deep breath. Your heart shrinks and collapses in on itself until it is hollow while your lungs expand until they burst and all you can say is “oh.” A good story will plant itself into the very core of your being, and when it ends all you will be able to do is feel yourself rip apart as you say “oh.”.

© 2014 ACrownofSwords


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014
Tags: Prose, prose poetry, I don't actually know if this is

Author

ACrownofSwords
ACrownofSwords

MN



About
17, I'm pretty bad at this. Sorry. more..

Writing