The Lost and the Misfit

The Lost and the Misfit

A Story by Nightingale's Days
"

The semi-dramatized story of my on going saga with a slightly younger guy.

"
The first time I met him, I don't remember. Which is perfectly normal, considering the fact that I was in 7th grade and he was in 3rd. The guy used to be our neighbour's son. He would often come two stories down to play with my younger siblings. They were of same age. I wasn't involved in any of their 'nonsensical' games at that time, since I considered myself a much 'mature' (!) person. But the fist thing that I think I took any notice of from our very first encounters was that, he was kind of pale skinned. As pale as a Bangladeshi possibly can be, without looking like a foreigner. He really had semi-translucent skin. One of my earliest memories of him is noticing blue veins running through his neck to jaw muscles.

And what else? Yes, he was incredibly awkward and shy. But there was a strange coldness of nature mixed with his shyness, which to this day puzzles me. Shy people are usually sensitive people afraid to be stepped on. But was he? I never thought he was.

But enough of the lead male description. He is not that impressive a guy. Like Tagore said 'half woman are you, half a dream', may be I am making him into a dream. May be...

Well, let's get to the story. This young pale faced boy started to live as our neighbour and would come hang out with us on holidays.

© 2017 Nightingale's Days


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on February 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017