Home

Home

A Poem by Max
"

This is how I feel coming home. I wrote this for class but also thought that ide share.

"
Walking up to the house it looks dimly lit and cozy from the outside.
The crunch of rocks underneath my feet was once a fun sound but now I dread it.
The loud creak of the door gives me away and the laughter of conversation comes to a halt.
Dead silence as I look down at the wooden floor avoiding eye contact and shuffle down the hall. 
The door creaks open and I'm greeted by my cat. 
So innocently happy it almost brings a smile to my face but nonetheless it warms my heart.
My hand is greeted with a cloud-like feeling followed by a soft warm pur.
I plop down onto the bed and look around and see the mountain of clothes; some clean, some dirty

© 2024 Max


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You convey the reality that entering the house is not so pleasant. Perhaps there is even fear. The negativity is pushed aside by the safety of your room and company of a friendly companion--your cat. You express your feelings with honesty.

Posted 3 Months Ago


Your descriptions are very beautiful, even the mundane parts of life can have so much vibrancy within them when describes right. Amazing job :)

Posted 3 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2024
Last Updated on February 15, 2024

Author

Max
Max

dallas, GA



About
My English teacher really likes my writings so I'm just trying to figure out if they are actually any good and what I could improve on. more..

Writing