First Love

First Love

A Poem by May_Will
"

I wrote this poem for a girl that I love. Though I've never showed it to her. Hope you like it

"
Her eyes shine like scorching fire, in the dark of the night. 
Her hair so smooth and long like a passive river.
 Though I might find myself in turbulence, she gives me hope,
 And when all seems to be lost, her soft embrace give me strength.

© 2014 May_Will


Author's Note

May_Will
Hope you guys enjoy the poem! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sweet little love poem! I like the emphasis on the physical; her looks and the way she makes the narrator feel. First loves are often more of the physical than anything else. But the soft embrace giving the narrator hope gives the poem a sort of kind innocence.

My only recommendation for this would be to perhaps change the word 'shine' in the first line to maybe 'blaze' or something of the sort. Fires don't really 'shine'. Or, instead of comparing her eyes to fire, compare them to the moon (because the moon 'shines'." So maybe "Her eyes shine like the moon in the dark of night," or "Her eyes blaze like a scorching fire in the dark of night" would work a little better.

Other than that, this poem is very nice. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


you've managed to embed a lot of emotion in such brevity
good job with this

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014

Author

May_Will
May_Will

Buffalo, NY



About
Not really a writer or a poet, but I do some on my free time. I would really like it if I received feedback on my posts, so I can make some better pieces of work. Hope you guys enjoy whatever I post, .. more..

Writing