Emily Jade

Emily Jade

A Stage Play by Maylin, Rise
"

Short scenes

"

Emily Jade (21) is a huge socialite in Beverly Hills. She is coming home from a charity event with her boyfriend. She gets in the limo and drops off her boyfriend. A conversation emerges with her driver Memphis (36).  However she is unaware that Memphis is an undercover FBI agent.

EJ- “Bye Hon!”  She shouts as her boyfriend exits the car.

M- “Where to next Miss Jade?”

EJ- “We’re going to pick someone up at 9140 Canton Drive Estates, and by the way just call me Emily.”

M- “So, Emily, may I know who we are picking up?”

EJ- “His name is Justin, he’s my umm…friend with benefits per say.”

M- “Interesting, the boy we just dropped off, is he also one of these friends?”

EJ- “No, he’s the official arm-candy. The one I use for all the pictures.”

They both laugh.

M- “In other words he is the Father-Approved boy?”

EJ- “Indeed, he’s  the son of the CEO of my Fathers company. They’ve had us playing together since we were two. His name is Daniel, I can’t stand him, he’s such a goodie two shoes.  He goes to Harvard. I’m much more interested in Justin, he’s kind of the forbidden bad boy. Everything my daddy dreads, and I love it.”

M- “Rebellion, such a powerful thing huh?”

EJ- “Got that right. You got any kids Memphis?”

M- “No, no I don’t I'm still in school so I'm trying to close that chapter of the book before opening the family part, and I became a driver meanwhile to pay the tuition. It’s a good job, it’s gotten me some really good connections.”

EJ- “Yeah the only bad part is your stuck driving around spoiled brats like me, (She says with a smirk)”

M- “Don’t sweat it, Paris Hilton’s much worse, oh man the road is blocked. I'm sorry Emily I won’t be able to get to your friends address.”

EJ- “Oh crap, this sucks, Justin was supposed to get the pop rocks. How am I going to get them now. Damnit.”

M- “A bit too much stress over candy don’t you think?”

EJ- “What are you talking about?”

M- “Umm, didn’t you say Pop Rocks?”

EJ- “Yeah, Pop Rocks, as in Crystals, as in Meth. We were headed to Angelica Hampton’s Sweet Sixteen party. She offered to pay me triple the value of the crystals, since she’s only sixteen, she can’t get them herself. Crap, she’ll probably pay me lEJs if I hand them in the day after the party. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I needed that money today. Whatever, just take me to the party anyway, it’s at Club 21 on Rodeo Drive.

M- “Why is money such a necessity? If you don’t mind me asking, I mean you come from one of the wealthiest socialites in the city.

EJ- “I used to be….”

M- “I'm sorry I'm not following.”

EJ- “My father’s company made an illegal business trade with a Russian enterprise. The trade backfired when the information and the money was stolen. So when they demanded that my father’s company pay off the debt, my father refused. And so they threatened to kill my father and some of his employees. They had no choice but to pay up, and now they’re bankrupt. All of them, including my father.”

M- “I'm sorry to hear that, what are you going to do now?”

EJ- “We don’t want anyone to know we’re broke. If I get a job it would be too obvious. but we need money, so I do what I have to do, even if that means giving stupid little sixteen year olds meth.

They arrive at the party.

M- “We’re here Emily.  What time would you like me to be back here?”

EJ- Actually you can just wait in the parking lot, I won’t be too long, just give me like twenty minutes.

Emily exits the car.

Memphis takes out his phone and calls the FBI.

M- “Hey boss, I just spoke to her. She confirmed the trade with Russia and she’s been in the possession of some serious drugs. I have it all on tape. Even worse, she’s been providing them to minors. What would you like me to do?” (Boss speaks on the other line) Okay so you take care of her father and I’ll get her now.

She returns to the limo.

EJ- “Hey, ugh I'm so glad Justin made it and he brought the crystals. So I got my money and she got her meth. Everyone wins.”

M- “Yeah everyone wins, including me.”

EJ- “Really, what did you win?”

M- “I completed my mission…”

EJ- “What mission?”

M- “I busted a criminal.”

M- “Oookay someone’s been watching a little too much Law and Order. You’re kind of a limo driver soo…”

EJ- “Funny. Emily Jade, you are under arrest for possession of drugs and the endangerment of minors.”

He take out his handcuffs and shows her his badge. She tries to make a run for it but the doors are all locked.

M- “Don’t even try it, all the doors have child protection lock. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, now put your hands where I can see them.

Memphis leads Emily out of the car and has her handcuffed and against the car door.

M- “Spread em’.” He searches her.

EJ- “Oh crap…”

 

© 2010 Maylin, Rise


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 12, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010