Dear Teacher

Dear Teacher

A Poem by McKilla

I get frustrated when I write.
Because when I do, I know I write to please someone.

Someone who would judge me based on how I think, how I feel, how I describe them.

What if I see a sculpture, as it represents love, but you as hate?
And I may have thousands of reasons to explain how it can be love. You wouldn't listen.

What if I see the word 'sky', and imagine a pink sky while you see a gray one?
And though the road is dusty and lonely, what guarantees the sky could not be blue?

Some questions have several answers, and some have one. 
But wasn't it Charlie Samuel Veric who wrote that a student misreads poems, because that is the only way how? 

When you discuss poetry, you marvel at its beauty. We admire it in a different way. 
We appreciate the same poems nonetheless, yes?

But you don't know that. 

As long as people don't share the views as you, you immediately accuse that we do not love it as well as you.
Are you not misreading us, then? Why can't we do the same with you?

So if I do pass you a paper, something I poured out all my ideas in, how do you read it?
And how do you read everyone else's?

I heard that you're a professor who's teaching in his last semester. So you haven't got anything to lose.
So then, give us a low grade. Tell us again that we got it all wrong. Never explain why, because nobody cares.
Only explain the reason you alone are correct. There is no freedom in this classroom, but only in this classroom.

You have no jurisdiction over our lives. After you're gone, there is no more reason for you to tell us what you think is the only thing that is right. 

Right? 

I still stare at my blank paper, thinking if you would accept my thoughts. I must do my best to get a good grade, but it's difficult to when you narrow down the chances of obtaining the right answer, out of a million that could be. 

This is what discourages students to think freely. That you always tell them they're wrong. Then they will always be lost. They cannot be completely brainwashed. 

Sincerely, 
the only student brave enough to tell you her thoughts out loud. 

© 2015 McKilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

McKilla
McKilla

Quezon City, Philippines



About
Hello. Well, a lot has changed since this account had first been used. It was a shared account, but my partner doesn't seem to mind me posting stuff. Why did I decide to open this account again after .. more..

Writing
In Her Mind In Her Mind

A Story by McKilla


Aral Muna Aral Muna

A Poem by McKilla


She Was Love She Was Love

A Poem by McKilla