Letter to future

Letter to future

A Story by Secretpoet

Past memories,

Down every thought,

Imagination, not Earth(probably)

 

9th January 2024

 

Future memories,

All over around,

Real life, Earth (you don’t say)

Dear amour,

Bonjour! Hope this letter finds you well, tense travelling is, well, tense. But, I hope you are doing well, and the future personification of me is with you, probably, not but I always hope. Though I’m not sure how it is a good idea to write this letter down, cause, I don’t really have a cause to talk about. Yeah, I’m not good at maintaining conversations, but, actually, I’m not really good at anything. Okay that was a little brittle, but I think I can improve though it isn’t quite evident.

Today, it was a very mundane day, mostly like other days. But, the day before, a cat chased me down the street.  It was a little astonishing how a human, who really loves cats, was surprised by this behaviour. It wasn’t that the cat was trying to scare a person due to fright or maybe, trying to protect itself ghastly, but the cat was trying to be friendly and just came closer to provide some of its lovely warmth and tenderness. But I think I have a problem, detaching from all, even animals at this point. I can’t really comprehend that stuff does really like my company; I think I doubt that. (Perhaps)

 

Though the cat was peaceful, I drifted away, like I always did. That sort of seems like a bad habit and habits are hard to mend. Maybe a redemption arc towards that little puffball would help. Also, I felt that, the bell at the little one was somewhat metaphorical, not for me though. (Maybe for someone else) How a pretty and pleasant sound would cover up the cries of the cat in the winter, or all seasons, and the leash, holding back from its real life, not letting it be the solitary hunter it is, though I still think they are cute and should be protected.  It felt captured and it just showed rapture, trying to be loved and be free.

 

Annihilate the paws, in bad state

Made for meat, berate

Shall be thou nouvelle speech,

Artless with no confine, to preach.

 

In the setting shaded sun, I stepped out once again, and in the grey times of the day, before the moon casts, I went to an Ol’ tree, which seemed downhearted due to its agony, it heaved the leaves away, and by the time you know it, I could relate myself with the leaves falling down on the ground, stepped on and crushed, though the little bird above taught me to yap again, it ached, the leaves. I put myself in place of that unlucky leaf, and realised, we were on the same boat, left isolated. Though I can precede more, the leaf, left alone in cold, no company, no life. May this winter, have no more of melancholy.

Bestow the brittle one,

Before the dismay a ton,

Discrete may be the life,

Similar seemed the strife.

Dazed by my ways but meeting you soon, maybe. Lots of things to unravel this time, missing and snitching! (always)

Yours truly

 

© 2024 Secretpoet


Author's Note

Secretpoet
trying something new!
criticize if you want.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on January 9, 2024
Last Updated on January 9, 2024
Tags: isolation, doubt, hopeful, raw

Author

Secretpoet
Secretpoet

India



About
I am a fun loving person, always up for adventures, love food and fond of writing more..

Writing