Avoiding the 6 Biggest Mistakes in Web Development

Avoiding the 6 Biggest Mistakes in Web Development

A Story by MediaLabz
"

Avoid These 6 Web Development Mistakes

"
Avoid These 6 Web Development Mistakes

Nearly every business in Calgary owns a website. But to survive in this dynamic online environment, having a good website is not enough; you need to have a great website. Below are the Web Development Calgary mistakes you must avoid at any cost.

1. Keep Clear Intentions

It is difficult to count the number of businesses that are competing to grab the attention of your potential customers. And in this situation, the worst you can do is develop a site that gives a vague information about your business and the products/services it offers. If a visitor is unable to understand your website, he/she is likely to look for another website �" and it could be your competitor’s.  Make sure to present the information clearly on your website.

2. Do not over-do Color

This is another mistake that web designers make, especially the inexperienced ones- the use of unfavorable and loud color schemes. Even though the modern designs allow the use of different colors and background patterns but that doesn’t mean you go on a color-spree. Adding ten different themes on every page will force your visitors to wear sunglasses while browsing your site. Use only two or three colors/shades that best define the personality of your business.

3. Readable Content

The bandwagon in web development Calgary offers a huge pool of possible font sizes, styles and animations. However, the style of lettering that goes easy on the eyes is always a winner. The usage of fancy fonts which are almost cramped, small or blinking should be avoided at any cost. Your web design decides the time that your customers will spend on your website.

4. Make the Content Smooth-Sailing

Take a look at any professional website. Each point is defined in clear English language and bold headings. THAT, my friend, should be the lay-out for a perfect website. It allows the visitors to secrete their required information quickly. The use of bullet points, headings and sub-headings make the text easy to digest.

5. Simple Search

What is the main purpose of using search engines? To seek out the ‘desired’ information on a particular topic, right? Well, this should be the case with your own website too. Your customers should be introduced with a method to sort out the information from hundreds of pages on your site. Using search function and smart filters are one of the best web design decisions you’ll ever make!

6. Few Nuts & Bolts

Do not forget to include the basic information about your business. You must be like Du-Uh but it’s actually true that some of the websites forget to include map of their location, contact details, business hours, etc.

If you are looking for a professional company to give you a website that screams design, contact us now. MediaLabz is a Calgary internet marketing company offering a wide range of digital services, including web design and development, ecommerce solutions and Calgary SEO Services. We offer the highest quality services and best value for your money.

© 2021 MediaLabz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on February 11, 2021
Last Updated on February 11, 2021
Tags: web design, website development, eCommerce, web development, SEO, WordPress

Author

MediaLabz
MediaLabz

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Calgary Web Design Company offers High- Quality Website designs at reasonable prices.MediaLabz experts will offer you an excellent user experience with their result-oriented innovations. We provide a .. more..

Writing