A new way to Decorate and Lighten your Home!

A new way to Decorate and Lighten your Home!

A Story by MegaLeds
"

The brightness of LED Reflectors can be adjusted when used with appropriate light fixtures and dimmers.

"

LED Reflector is a reflector housing format for halogen and some LED and fluorescent lamps. Multifaceted Reflectors were originally designed to be used in slide projectors, but now they are used in residential lighting and retail lighting as well.


The applications which require directional lighting such as path lighting, recessed ceiling lights, desk lamps, landscape lighting, pendant fixtures. LED Reflectors are designated by symbols such as MR16 and MR 11. MR20 and MR8 are used in special applications. Many run on low voltage rather than mains voltage alternating current and need a power transformer in order to be properly operated.


CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN:


Most LED Reflectors consist of a halogen capsule integrated with a present glass reflector with a pressed glass reflector with a base to bi-pin GU5.  The compact size of the LED Reflector base allows for much smaller, more discreet fixtures than incandescent reflector bulbs that pre-dated Reflectors.


The reflector helps to control direction and spread of light case from the lamp. LED Reflectors are available with different beam angles from narrow spot lights.


OPERATION OF LED REFLECTORS:


The brightness of LED Reflectors can be adjusted when used with appropriate light fixtures and dimmers. However, the colour temperature of lamp changes significantly when it is dimmed. It shifts dramatically to the warmer end of the spectrum.

LED Reflectors generate significant heat like all halogen lamps. So, one must take care of avoiding its contact with skin or flammable materials when the lamp is on or has been on recently.


LED Reflectors like all quartz-halogen lamps, generate undesirable ultraviolet light. Generally, it must be filtered out. Also, the quartz capsules of the lamps may explode upon failure of lamps. Due to these two reasons, some Reflectors include a cover glass which serves as an incorporated ultraviolet filter and explosion shield.


Dimmable LED:


A 10watt Dimmable LED bulb can generate as much as the 60-watt incandescent bulb.


Advantages of Dimmable LEDs


Dimmable LEDs have several advantages over further lamps with comparable power ratings. They are smaller than typical bulbs, provide better beam control and offer a whiter light than ordinary lamps. The small size of lamps allows designers flexibility in placing the lamps and with the option of various beam width.


Dimmable LEDs can be manufactured with different colour temperatures, varying from warm whites, attempting to match the colour of halogens, all the way through to cool whites.

The biggest advantage of Dimmable LED is when used in 12 �"volt track lighting systems the bare wires/connectors can be touched without fear of electrocution.


Dimmable lamps normally operate at 12 volts; however, they are available in different volts also. The common 12-volt lamp requires a ferromagnetic or electronic transformer. Certain lamps operate directly on the main voltage. These lamps typically use a turn-and-lock base, so they cannot be interchanged with low-voltage lamps.

© 2016 MegaLeds


Author's Note

MegaLeds

The author of the article has an extensive knowledge in the field of LED Reflectors and Dimmable LEDs.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

MegaLeds
MegaLeds

Uxbridge, Middlesex , United Kingdom



About
Mega LEDs is N0 1 UK LED Supplier providing Led Strip Lights, Led Light Bulbs, Gu10 Led, G9 Led, G4 Led, Led Tube Lights, Led Floodlights, gx53 led, dimmable leds, led reflectors and led candles bulbs.. more..

Writing