A lonely Place

A lonely Place

A Story by Little angel
"

A place so lonely A heart so broken

"
Empty. Trapped. Barred from the life I'd known. Separated from the family I loved. I sat there alone, feeling the cool, unforgiving metal of my so-called bed. For a crime I didn't commit, I was forced to imprisonment, stripped of my happiness, detatched from my emotion. The walls were grey, colourless, everything smelt of antiseptic. In the stillness of the cell, I could hear the steady beat of my heart increase as I heard the almost silent footfalls creep up the corridor.
Like a beat of a drum, slowly getting faster, the footsteps reached my cell door and stop directly in my line of sight. This let me see the emotionless face of my guard, the only living thing I'd seen in this awful place, the only one who really believed I didn't do it. With his cold, dark eyes he spoke to me without words, as if to say 'Don't try anything'. As his gaze made its way up my body, a shiver rattled down my spine, the way it always did. Whether that was because he was drop dead gorgeous or that fact that his stare unsettled me slightly, I don't know. However, what I do know is that I could taste something in the air.
What surprised me most was what he did next. His hand carefully slin into his pocket, retrieving a key. I knew I was imagining it, but as he brought the key closer to my door, I swear I saw a golden halo of light around the lock and key. It was the most heavenly sight I'd seen in my three years of imprisonment. Since the illegitimate trial I had attended, the only person that would communicate with me was the exact guard standing before me; and that was usually only to bring me my basic rations of food.
  I heard the click of the lock and the door swung openetly. The guard motioned with his hands to step out of the cell. I followed his instruction reluctantly as it had been so long since I had walked the length of the corridor in full view of the prison. If this was the only freedom I would get, then I would make the very most of it. A feeling of relief washed over me when my foot eventually passed the bars of my cell. 
It seemed that being out of the prison room cleared my mind, opened my eyes. I slowly came to the realisation that I something in my chest fluttered every time I looked up at my guard. How, when before I was always studying this man, was it that I had not felt this for the being that had kept me sane, it was like I had lost the abilty to feel inside the prison cubicle. Maybe there was somethig in the walls that stole all my emotion; all relevant thought.
That was when logic kicked in. Escape routes formed in my head but first I had to incapacitate my guard. I remembered then that I'd been blindfolded on the way here so I had no idea how to get out. Thankfully, I might not have to knock this man out after all.
When I was first imprisoned, all I did was scream at this guard so, as I walked by his side, I felt akward to walk in his presense. He never looked at me, or if he did I didn't see, so I got a closer look at the mystery guard. He wore soft suede boots, jeans,a tight clingy vest top and a biker jacket - all in black so he melted into the shadows. His cheekbones were high, his jawline defined and, when placed in the light, his eyes were a glittering shade of gold. Thick ebony hair ruffled in the draft caused by open windows.
We travelled down that hall and ended up in a ballroom looking place with pillars round the edge. Suddenly he pushed me behind one of those pillars to hide me from a group of simarlely dressed men coming from the opposite direction. Realization hit me in the head like the pillar did when I fell into it. This guy bringing me out of my cell had done so secretly, behind everyone else's back. I wondered why.
In Greek, the guard had a conversation, little did he know that I understood his language. It was obvious that I was hated around here - still for a crime that I didn't commit - he played along with the theme of hating me to. I caught a few phrases, including: 'Is that murdering b***h still withering in her cell' and 'I hope she dies alone'. THese words cut me deeper than they should and a small tear of pain trickled out of my eye. The only personwho knew I wasn't responsible for those murders was me and mabe that guard - he was hard to read.
For a while after that I ignored the conversation as my guard reassured the others that I was still locked up. In this time I decided to look back on the times I had seen the guard. He was always had a stoney look on his face yet it usually looked like that expression was a mask to hide behind. He had never really spoke to me but somehow we always communicated in silent hand gestures and intent stares. Every time he appeared at my door, his hands held some sort of 'nutritious' slop but he always made it look more appealing with his presense.
By the time I had seen the group leaving and my guard come closer, it as too late, I was muttering clearly to myself in the middle of a hall with the eyes of the guard upon me. As he told me to quiet my words, a rosy blush spread across my face and neck.
In the moment that followed, a lot happened. The group of other men came back in time to see my face inches from my guard, their expressions of confusion soon transformed into ones of hot rage. We turned and ran for our lives. Heart pumping, blood pounding, I followed the guard out into the open. Dazzling sunlight temporarily blinded me as it had been so long since I had seen the sun. For one glorious moment I relished in the feel of the heat beating down on my back.
Grabbing me by the collar, my guard pulled me behind a bush and whispered roughly in my ear "my name is Luca". Even though he ony said a few words to me, those words were emotional and personal. Those words raised goosebumps along my neck and sent a shudder through my whole body.
Only a moment after he spoke, he was holding my hips and vaulting me over the high fence. A metal mesh now stood betwen us. My hands found their way to a small gap in the wiring, touching his fingertips. Luca urged me to run, that he would get out one way or another. However, for now it was my mission to find the real killer and fast before they caught me. And maybe, just maybe, I might be lucky enough to see Luca, wearing better clothes than I was now.

© 2011 Little angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Little angel
Little angel

United Kingdom



About
I love to dance and I love to draw the sunset. Sometimes I like to sing but I hate singing in front of people. Occasionally I get people call me a nerd but it doesn't bother me - I love who I am. My f.. more..

Writing