THAT’S WHY I

THAT’S WHY I

A Story by Meghna
"

This is a girl's story seeking some flashbacks and throwing some future lights.

"

THAT’S WHY I




The sky is gloomy; a faded array of light is surrounding the leaves and grass. The misty air has made far-off things translucent. A girl is sitting in grass with black long hair having thoughtful personality. She is wearing casual dress and looking around with her dark eyes, full of confidence. The last written words were- “That’s why I”. She puts down the pen on grass and closes her diary. Think for a while and put it inside the bag. She gets up and carries her bag as if she decided to go somewhere. This time, her slim physique appears bold with her walking style along with a sense of self-satisfaction comes on when someone reaches where he/she wanted to go for a long time. She heads towards an area that is crowded with common people of society, doing service from 9 to 5, women busy in grooming their houses. But in all these hustle, her eyes are prominent on flat no. 23. She reached there. Before ringing the door bell, a glimpse passes by her where she pledged to never face this house. She freezes for a little and rings the door bell with a sarcastic smile on her face. A girl of merely the age of her younger sister comes out and greets her calling “Didi! Come inside”. She refuses saying she has to go for urgency, handing over a diary and saying that I have something to share with you that I feel I should because of the mutual understanding between us and the trust, love and respect you have on me. I am sure; you will understand me along with what I want to make you clear. She goes few steps; take a pause and turns around to see that girl who is shuffling that diary surprisingly. She shouted; make sure you will read this diary. “Good luck! I hope to see you achieving your dreams in future”. Saying this, she sits in a car with a sigh of relief instructing the driver to drive home. That girl runs into her room closing the door and lie on her bed with a pillow to read that diary. 



She opens up the first page and finds the words as:

Dear Richa,

I know there are a bunch of questions running in your mind right now. This piece of writing will give you your answers. I want to share an incident with you. It happened at that time when you were too small to understand. One day, I was getting disturbed in my studies by the loud voices coming outside my room. Everywhere the voice was rising for money. At that time, your father (my elder uncle) came to me as my ray of hope. He assured me to help in my studies by giving financial support. But sooner, that promise faded away. I was left heartbroken with my dreams shattered all around. I left the hope to study further completely. Then suddenly, my aunt came up with a proposal to support my studies financially. They managed to send me for higher studies. Further, I continued with my scholarship obtained through hard work, dedication and determination. Now, I am a successful entrepreneur. I managed to reach the stage where as of now, I am supporting my family but the path to this destination was not so easy. It took a lot of efforts, depressing moments, hopelessness and similar feelings. I used to give tuitions to my juniors to help my survival there.  Moreover, I want to tell you one thing very clearly that- “this world is unfair for the so-called fairer sex”. I felt the need to tell you this thing because I have felt the pain of broken dreams. I have felt the exact way that you are feeling right now. I came to know two days earlier, before coming here that you are through the same situation that I have faced earlier. So, I want to support you and will never want to let you go through the same phase in life where you will find it hard to continue your academics and want to be your ray of hope that won’t fade away and instead, will penetrate through the darkness forever.

On turning the next page, she finds:



© 2017 Meghna


Author's Note

Meghna
most welcome for the betterment of this piece of writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your visual skill writing is really eye cathching and i am inpressed with the vivid images you have projected through your writing craft.. i love how you build up the story which explains the going from rags to riches and then to end it all with the blank cheque. That was as stroke of excellence.

Great read, well structured and well thought out.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 19, 2017
Last Updated on March 19, 2017
Tags: short story, twist and turns, girl's story

Author

Meghna
Meghna

India



About
I am a Graphic Designer with a passion of writing. more..

Writing