The Fears I Have

The Fears I Have

A Story by Mehroze

I hid it, I've hid it all along. But now I'm tired, really really tired of hiding it, concealing it, denying it. The truth was something i was always afraid to say. I was scared to face my real feelings. I never had the courage to accept it, face it and say it out loud. Because i was afraid,  afraid of being heartbroken, afraid of being left alone, afraid of not being enough. 
So i kept quiet, always. Telling myself maybe it's not meant to be. But what if it was meant to be? That we, we were meant to be? 
I wonder why whenever i saw something beautiful,  you were the first person i wanted to show it to.  Whenever I'm sad I want you by my side. Whenever I am happy I want to share that happiness with you. When the night comes, I want to tell you stories I never told anyone. I want you to see the fragile and vulnerable pieces of me that nobody ever knew of. 
I don't understand why it's always you. No matter how much i run away, whenever i stop to gasp, there you're standing in front of me, not letting me go, not giving up on me. But I'm scared that what if I extend my hand towards you and you're no longer there to hold it? What if it remains empty? 
I'm afraid to become hollow. I'm afraid to lose my most precious thing, my heart.

© 2020 Mehroze


Author's Note

Mehroze
This is my first post. Your reviews will be appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on October 20, 2020
Last Updated on October 20, 2020
Tags: love, longing, desire

Author

Mehroze
Mehroze

Lahore, Asia, Pakistan



Writing