A Never Ending Struggle

A Never Ending Struggle

A Story by Lilith

A princess locked in a tower, waiting for her prince to come to her rescue. They’ll finally live happily ever after. A few kids, maybe a pet or two. But most of all, the reassurance that she’ll finally be loved, she’ll finally live her life he way she’s always wanted.

                But I am no princess and this is no tower. I used to be waiting for my prince. He was amazing, with eyes that shines like emeralds and a beautiful golden mane, he was any girl’s dream. Which was the problem, he had attracted the attention of Courtney. The head cheerleader and a total rich girl, I stood no chance against her.

                So there I was, at my 9th grade dance, alone… Not even a full twenty-four hours had passed since I was dumped by my now ex boyfriend, and the pain is still pretty intense. It’s already caused several new lacerations across both of my wrists, but sadly none of them went deep enough before my mother caught me in the act. My punishment? I will now be attending therapy three days a week until I’ve been ‘helped’, yeah like that makes it all better.

                I’ve always been sort of a troubled child. From the time I was three till when I was seven, I was constantly raped and beaten by my father. Even after all of the unexplained bruises and marks, that I clearly could not have done, no one believed me. My mother just said that I was accident prone, but now she’s claiming that I just wanted to get attention. Like Hell I was! What kid is stupid enough to say “My daddy raped me” just to get attention? Certainly not me.

                So here I am at the dance, alone. I’d say I didn’t know why I was there, but that would be a lie. Upon multiple reasons, that was as much freedom as I was going to get for a long while. And I only got it because my friend Rina begged my mother to give me this one last night of freedom. Plus, the tickets are non-refundable. Though I can’t say it was money well spent. All I was going to do was sit in the corner and eat orderves like the fat kid at a birthday party. But considering I only weigh about ninety-two pounds, I don’t think a couple more will kill me.

                Heh, well I couldn’t just stand there, those chocolate strawberries weren’t going to eat themselves. I was attempting to make my way to the tables, but it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. All around me there are guys trying to show off how ‘great’ they can dance, and girls shaking and grinding their asses against anyone that comes within range. It was like I was surrounded by a bunch of horny chimpanzees or something.

                I finally get to sit down as my long brown hair, which Rina straitened just for the stupid occasion, hung over my face almost masking my pain from the viewing eye. I looked around and saw plenty of familiar faces, but none were friendly. I couldn’t see Rina anywhere, and we were ‘supposed’ to be here together as friends, but I see how that turned out. Though as predicted, she’s off with her boyfriend Zale. I can’t say I blame her though, if I had a hot boyfriend I’d want to go dancing around with him too.

                Rina was a good friend, but she was only happy when she got her way. If someone had something she wanted, she wasn’t going to be satisfied until it was hers. That’s how she got Zale, he was dating a girl named Katy until Rina stole him away, and poor Katy was depressed for months. Even though she promised to be there for me in this tough time, she didn’t want to kill her fun by taking care of a depressing person like me. She’d much rather go dance with her five foot nine, dark haired Casanova. Heh, my luck.

                Then to add a bit more of a sting to my already broken heart, he showed up not only with the ticket that I so stupidly bought him but the b***h that he left me for. And I thought it couldn’t get any worse, my mistake. But there they were all dolled up and just having the time of their f*****g lives, and there I was becoming more and more suicidal with each passing minute. I guess I am pretty depressing huh? What was I going to do, go dance by myself and look like an even bigger loser? F**k that, I don’t think so. I was good right where I was, hiding in a corner. Yup, money not very well spent.

                I couldn’t help but think, is this really all there is for me? I mean I couldn’t just sit there and eat for the rest of the night. Could I? No, probably not. I can honestly say that I don’t think my stomach can handle that much food, it’s not like I’m a sumo wrestler or anything.

                Well it had been about an hour and a half since my arrival at the dance and I was still miserable. And where was Rina, making out with her boyfriend a couple tables away, along with like fifty other couples at that damn dance. I was officially annoyed with everyone and everything, especially my ‘caring friend’.

                From across the table I’m looking at a very well dressed guy who was surprisingly sitting alone. Could it be my lucky break? Nearly seconds after the thought had crossed my mind, a tall blond sits next to him, and then they made out. I guess not… I felt foolish that I even had enough hope to ask myself that question.

                And then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around the first thing I saw was a pair of bright green eyes staring directly at me. His voice was soft but harsh at the same time. “Excuse me Ms., but are you alone tonight?” I frowned slightly. “Sadly, yes I am.” The boy smirked slightly. “I’m Evin, would you like to hang out with me and my friends? You won’t be so lonely anymore.”

                I knew I shouldn’t have. He was clearly asking me out of pity, but on the other hand I supposed it was better than sitting there by myself watching my ex and everyone else have fun.  I shrugged before answering, taking one last moment to think about it before I went off with some guy I didn’t know. “Sure.”

                What was the worst he could do? Take my virginity? Nope, dear daddy took that already. Kill me and dump my body somewhere? I tried to kill myself that morning, why would I care? Offer me drugs? Hell, maybe they’d help me relax for a change. So no, there really wasn’t too much that I was concerned with.

                I stood up as he leads me outside. I had been inside so long, I hadn’t noticed how the weather changed outside. It was once warm and sunny, but by that point it was dark and freezing cold. Though I suppose you don’t notice what’s going on in the outside world when you’ve been inside the past two hours.

His friends were all dressed in black, thought that would normally not bother me since that was how I usually dress, they just seemed kind of shady. And I don’t mean high chances of them trying to sell me drugs. I’m talking like creepy shady, so much so that it had actually made me worry a little.

“Heh, you didn’t do too bad of a job this time Evin, this one is pretty cute.” Said the tallest one out of the boys, he grinned slightly. He hadn’t even done anything yet and I already knew he was up to no good. I started looking around for a way to escape. Finally I just turned around and ran back the way I came, or at least that’s what I had planned to do. Sadly, I was stopped by Evin. “Whoa where do you think you are going girly? We’ve got big plans for you.” That’s never good to hear,

In a slight panic, I pushed him out of the way and headed back toward the dance in the cafeteria. Unfortunately for me, my black dress was caught by a tree that I had tried to pass by. By the time I got loose, I was once again in Evin’s grip. As you can imagine, they started getting a little impatient with me continuously trying to run away.

                After that, they decided to make sure I couldn’t run anymore. The dark haired boy they called Blake, had brought with him some barbed wire they’d stolen from a nearby farm. That was what they put around both of my wrists and my neck to bind me to a tree. Afterward Evin started looking a little worried himself. “I-I don’t know about this guys… Maybe we’ve gone too far.” Yeah, now he says it.

                The others in his group however, had no problem with what they were doing to me. “Shut up Evin!” Was what Blake shouted as he started rummaging through my bag that I had brought outside. The leader of their little gang approached the quivering Evin. “You better not be backing out on us Evin, you’re in this just as much as we are.” “Yeah, I brought her here for a little fun. Not to use barbed wire on her and tie her to a damn tree!” Evin was starting to retaliate.

                The leader sighed as he looked at Evin one last time, the moonlight shinned off of his hazel/green eyes. “Evin, I’m disappointed in you.” Turning to his friends beside him I couldn’t believe what I had overheard. He ordered them to get rid of Evin, they could not risk him going to the police and ratting them out.  He was horrible for bringing me out there, but at least he didn’t mean for it to go that far. And now he was going to die.

                Blake and another boy they called Russell had each grabbed ahold of Evin’s arms and dragged him off to an unknown location. The leader ordered the other two remaining boys to go assist with Evin, that of which they were happy to do. I guess you have to really be one fucked up b*****d if you are actually excited about helping with the killing of your own friend.

                Now only two were left. Me and the gang’s leader, who’s name I never learned. He was very tall and muscular, but not a lot of hair on the top of his head. Even if he hadn’t done all of that to me, he still wasn’t my type. The last thing I remember was him picking up a large rock off of the ground, then slamming it against my temple. After that day, I don’t recall anything from the next few weeks or so afterward.

*I'll write more later*

© 2011 Lilith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 28, 2011

Author

Lilith
Lilith

Hitchcock, TX



About
Heh, I'm 17 amd not the most social person, but I do try to get along with others and I LOVE writing. Cool - custom homepage more..

Writing
Lost Memory Lost Memory

A Story by Lilith


Just Us Just Us

A Poem by Lilith


Tough Love Tough Love

A Story by Lilith