Better Off Dead

Better Off Dead

A Story by Lilith

   All she ever wanted was to make him happy, to show him the lighter side of life. He had been put through so much pain and all she wanted to do was help. However, she only increased his suffering. No matter how good her intentions were, she broke his heart.

   What was there for her to do? Stay? All that would do is hurt him more. He was one of the best things that had ever walked into her life, he was a part of her heart, her right wing. He did his best to protect her from any and all dangers, even when she had brought them upon herself. Yet she could do nothing to help him. When he was hurt, she couldn't make it go away the way he did for her. She had become worthless...

   Maybe there was one last thing she could do, one more effort to do what was best. He wasn't happy when she was around, she tried, but he could hardly bare a single smile. Perhaps if she were to be removed from his life, he could finally be happy. Without her, he wouldn't have anything holding him back. She caused him tremendous pain and despair, the least she could do is try and stop herself from causing more.

   She finally finds the strength to stop crying, her hand is trembling as her grip tightens along the trigger. She takes one more moment to say goodbye. "I hope you can do better without me, I'll miss you Xilionii." She closes her eyes and finally ends her life. Her body falls limp onto the floor, the night is still and the house is silent. As Lilith laid dead on the floor her old mate rested peacefully in his dwelling, not to discover about her execution until the next day when he thought he was going to see her again.

© 2012 Lilith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its a very short story

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 1, 2012

Author

Lilith
Lilith

Hitchcock, TX



About
Heh, I'm 17 amd not the most social person, but I do try to get along with others and I LOVE writing. Cool - custom homepage more..

Writing
Lost Memory Lost Memory

A Story by Lilith


Just Us Just Us

A Poem by Lilith


Tough Love Tough Love

A Story by Lilith