True Love

True Love

A Story by Lilith

What do you do when you're in love with your best friend? You should tell him right, but what if he is in love with someone else? They always say be true to your heart, but honestly there are times when that doesn't work. You build your confidence so high and right before you tell them your feelings, the thought of their reaction kicks in. Your palms become sweaty and you're scared, then in the end, you chicken out. Story of my life!

    My name is Alessia Grim, I am 16 years old and I'm a junior in high school. I have long brown hair and big brown eyes, but they are well hidden behind glass with a black frame. I'm a pretty unique individual, so as you can imagine most people avoid me. Well, not everyone, I do have a few friends. And to make it worth everyone else's s**t, they are just like me, creative, fun and as weird as ever. We are what most people refer to as "outcasts".

    There's my best girlfriend in the world, Colisa Sweet, I've Known her since we were in elemtary school (we know absolutely everything about each other). She has short platinum blond hair with pink streaks and hazel eyes, she is just amazing. She's a junior like me, but she is a year older than I am. And then there's him, the guy I am madly in love with, my best guy friend in the whole wide world, Corbanic Black. Like me, he is 16 and a junior. Corbanic is absolutely gorgeous, he has dirty blond hair that goes down to his shoulders, and he had the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. I've known him for little over a year, (nowhere near how close to how long I've known Colisa) but even so we know each other like the back of our hands. I see him everyday and we are always talking, how can I not fall in love with him?

    It was just a normal day in Clay Battelle High School, classes were boring and the day was long, but I still had afterschool to look forward to. Everyday after school (except for rainy days), me and Corbanic walked home together. We were neighbors so it was no big deal, but for me, it was the highlight of my day. We would always have the weirdest conversations; they almost always made me laugh. But unfortunately, I had to wait all day for that. Right now it's time for first period class, English 3; it tends to be really annoying. On the plus side, Colisa is in here with me, we had to work on a film project together. At first it was cool, but honestly now it's really annoying me. It was fun filming but now all there is left to do is editing and that's boring.

    Time was going by pretty slow, but it could've been worse, I could be all alone in that class. I try to look at the positive side of things, although sometimes it's very difficult. I always try to think to myself "it can always be worse", which is true. I could be a slave or a prisoner of war or worse, I could be a victim of a nuclear explosion (like missing body parts or a second head or something). So why make a big deal out of things, my life could be much worse.

    The bell finally rang and I was off to my next class (History), this class was actually kind of weird (and not just because of our teacher), about half of my last class was also in this one (including Colisa). But it also made it kind of fun. The teacher's name was Mr. Howard, he was probably the funniest (and oddest) teacher in the whole school. He likes to make jokes at the students and pull pranks on the other teachers, so basically he was like the coolest teacher ever. Although I will admit he does get a little annoying, like sometimes I become the main target of the day, that does aggravate me a bit.

    The class zoomed by, everything was still the same. But then I saw him in the hallway on my way to 3rd period. Corbanic was sitting up against the lockers, his beautiful blue eyes were tainted with tears. The instant I saw him, I ran to his side. "Corbanic, what's wrong?" He didn't speak, he only laid his crying face on my shoulder. I rubbed his back and held him tightly. "It's ok, I'm here." I glared at those who passed us by in the halls. "Who hurt you?" They will pay!" Which was odd of me to say, Corbanic was one of the toughest guys in the whole school. Most of the students did not like him, so a lot of people attempted to jump him, but with absolutely no success. He had 5 years of ATA under his belt, my friend was no push over. Chances were no one hurt him physically, something happened to make him this emotionally distressed, and I needed to know what.

    Corbanic whipped off his face. His voice crackled and was a little hard to understand, but he was still crying so it was understandable no one could blame him. "My mom is kicking me out." I was shocked. We all knew his mom was terrible, and didn't care about him, but this was too much (to put it bluntly, his mom was a total b***h and we all knew it). I wanted to go find her and punch that w***e right in the face. "What, why on earth would she go and do a thing like that?" He was still struggling to make his voice understandable. "Because, her stupid boyfriend refuses to move in and stay with her if I'm still there. He told her it was ether him or me, and she chose him! She chose an a*****e that beats on her and her own kid for god's sake!" He berried his face into my right arm. I held him close to me, I had my left hand on the back of his head, rubbing him. "She can't do that, you are only 16, it's illegal for her to kick you out." I was doing my best to keep my voice calm, it wouldn't do ether of us any good if I lost it.

    "Yes she can, my biological father is still alive. Even though he left us when I was only 5, she is going to send me to live with him." He looked up at me. "Alessia, he lives in Kansas, that's over 500 miles away from here (we live in Blackville, West Virginia)." My heart just sank, I couldn't believe what was going on. He was really going to be taken away from me. I couldn't keep it locked up anymore, I started crying. I felt crushed; seeing him brightened up my day, Corbanic meant the world to me. I held him closely, even if he wanted to get up I wouldn't have let him. I had all of the time in the world to tell him how much I loved him, and now it's too late. Now he is leaving the state, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

    The halls became empty, all except for two, me and Corbanic. The bell for the beginning of 3rd period rang, but we remained sitting. We were already late so what was the point in bothering, there were much more important things to deal with than that.

 

*I'll write more later*

© 2012 Lilith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohmygosh, this is absoutley amazing!Please keep writing, I would love the outcome;)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

Lilith
Lilith

Hitchcock, TX



About
Heh, I'm 17 amd not the most social person, but I do try to get along with others and I LOVE writing. Cool - custom homepage more..

Writing
Lost Memory Lost Memory

A Story by Lilith


Just Us Just Us

A Poem by Lilith


Tough Love Tough Love

A Story by Lilith