Dancers of See-Through Spirits

Dancers of See-Through Spirits

A Story by MelanieAnn
"

"And with that they lay, done with their spins and twirls and into Earth's grassy ground."

"
 Most people think of ghosts as bad things.
 I, however, saw them as friends.
 Now, I know this is gonna sound a little crazy, but allow me to relive the experience for you. It was...somewhat prodigious.
 The way home from Ohio Burtman's Community College was way too long walking-wise, and I already had to stay for an after-studying session with my peers for a couple of extra hours that Friday afternoon. Those hours were long, and I was ready to take the shortest way home as possible.
 There was a shortcut if you went past Fifth street and turned down on Lunabelle Lane, which wasn't flanked by houses but by long, stretching fields. Only later did I realize that the one on the left side was a graveyard. I s'pose the tombstones were whisked away and swept up behind the grass, a screen of green and wheat-yellow.
 The first spun in a little jig of steps. I stopped, gaze averting to watch the strangeness that just so happened to flicker throughout the long, jarring blades of grass that rose up to my thighs at the time. Being the teenage boy I was, I thought I was seeing things. Hormones, maybe.
 But then other figures took shape, and the great phenomenon went something like this as I completely froze to watch:
  The people were see-through, transparent through pastel clothing and beautifully entwined hair; the girls' was a braided jumble that fell in a cascade down the slight arcs of their backs. Flowers flashed in their hair; their arms waved in their dance as they zoomed around the field with smiles upon their lips. The boys took their form, too. They stood in stance for pirouettes before bouncing up on the balls of their feet for the turns, double, tripling in speed. They lifted the girls high into the skies colorful yawn of a sunset gently set them upon the grass. They glided on top of each blade of grass like flying ballerinas, and their ballet was just as beautiful as the sun that was setting in a sangria red. There must have been twenty of them in all...ten young girls and ten young boys, a wondrous array of spirits, dancing upon their field.
 For somehow I knew they were something not human, but not monstrous, either. Maybe it was a sense or maybe it was the fact that they were see-though--but maybe they were angels or spirits or something of the sort.
 Either way, they danced and I watched, and all twenty still do this every night as the sun goes to sleep and the moon comes out to play with the stars.

© 2016 MelanieAnn


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

MelanieAnn
Thank you so much for reading!♥ :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Is it a real story? I have a similar experience as we have a haunted house here just 2-3 house after my house... Your descriptions has been very visual, even though it is not a big story but it still has enough elements to catch the reader's eyes... Very well presented... The whole story speaks in a calm and intriguing tone...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelanieAnn

7 Years Ago

This is not a real story, however, I do very much believe in angels and that they can definitely dan.. read more



Reviews

A very entertaining story. I like the story and how you described the location and the situation. Somethings make us know wonder and beauty. Not fear. Thank you for sharing the excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelanieAnn

7 Years Ago

Why thank you so very much! :)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I enjoyed the story and you are welcome.
Is it a real story? I have a similar experience as we have a haunted house here just 2-3 house after my house... Your descriptions has been very visual, even though it is not a big story but it still has enough elements to catch the reader's eyes... Very well presented... The whole story speaks in a calm and intriguing tone...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelanieAnn

7 Years Ago

This is not a real story, however, I do very much believe in angels and that they can definitely dan.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2016
Last Updated on May 12, 2016
Tags: dancing, angels, spirits, magic, people, cities, wonders, bohemian, hippy, supernatural, happiness

Author

MelanieAnn
MelanieAnn

NC



About
Hello! I'm a fiction-fantasy writer who loves all things mystery, magic, and wonder. I love the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, and I have a self-published book called The Mental, set seven hundred.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Book by MelanieAnn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Her Dark State Her Dark State

A Poem by Jess