Roles

Roles

A Poem by G. Writing
"

what are we? Are we good or are we bad. Can we be both? Do we choose what type of role we want to play or does life pick the role for us...

"
One day I'm Good,
The next I'm Bad,
I'm lost.
Day comes i stare into a mirror
focused on every detail of my body,
i whisper "Concentrate."
Evening comes i think quickly
"Stop!"
Night controls my mind
leaving me unstable, streaking my happiness into nothingness..
I asked until i became blue 
"What am i?'"
People scramble for a response 
 i stare into their eyes hoping to hear truth.
"You're Good"
"Am i good?" I ask 
I think again 
"Stop!"
Walk.
Slowly breathing i can see my hands close up turning in to a fist 
"I'm Ready."

© 2018 G. Writing


Author's Note

G. Writing
I need a few pointers, I can't seem to finish as i have writer's block sadly...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is quite solemn and thought-provoking. Not bad for a poem to signal your return to WC. The only comments I have a technicalities:

comma after "day comes"; pick another word for "comes" to pair with "evening" so as to differ that phrase from "Day" and "Night", and put a comma after that phrase (so comma after "evening [blank]"); line break after "unstable"; "You're good!/Am I?/I think again" (better that way - more fluid, and no odd transitions).

Other than that, this is amazing. Well done!

(just a note and advice on writer's block: when a writer suffers from it, it's a sign that they're either trying to take control of the art and craft or they're wishing too hard on wanting to write something. Writing isn't done that way, my friend; it can't be done that way. You have to believe in the spirit that flows through you and the piece of writing, allow it to speak to you. Only then will you conquer WB and see a difference. Don't think, feel; don't control, give yourself to the poem and let it guide you. That's how writing is done. So, to get out of your block, just sit, and feel the spirit flowing through you; listen to what it's saying to you, and then let it guide your hands/pen, and therefore help you write. Poetry and writing is a divine art (like all types of art, really), and we as mortals cannot whatsoever control the divine (we have no power over the divine). So if we try to control the craft, the muse/spirit leaves (deeming us no longer worthy of it's blessing). So, allow it to encompass you, and tell you what it is you should do to write the piece at hand).

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 2, 2018
Last Updated on July 2, 2018
Tags: confusion, anger, sadness

Author

G. Writing
G. Writing

FL



About
"If you were born with the weakness to fall, you were born with strength to rise." - Rupi Kaur more..

Writing
It's you It's you

A Poem by G. Writing