Tea for Three

Tea for Three

A Story by MelissaAndres
"

This is a short children's story that is also for adults about imagination, taking time out of a busy day to spend with your children and soothing their upsets.

"

She poured the dark, sweet liquid, careful not to spill a drop.


"You must always stick your pinky out like so, Madeleine," Katherine Anne demonstrated. "Makes the tea tastes better," she added, followed by a giggle.


Madeleine, dressed in a beautiful lavender lace dress, was proper in her response. Silence during tea-time lesson with a polite smile was encouraged.


The small table was beautifully adorned. An ivory linen cloth was laden with pale blue antique china dishes and matching tea cups. A tin of vanilla cookies served as the centerpiece.


"I'm so glad you could join me today, Madeleine, dear," Katherine Anne said. "Who needs anyone else to come to our party?"


Madeleine continued her sweet smile.


A knock on the door caused Katherine Anne to jump; startled. She spilled her tea, staining the ivory cloth.


Tears emerged in her soft brown eyes.


Madeleine fell from her chair to the floor.


"Hello, Miss Katherine Anne. I'm a bit late but am here to accept your invitation to tea."


"Mommy, it's ruined," Katherine Anne pouted.


"Nonsense, sweetie," Mommy smiled as she returned the displaced paper cup to its matching plate and wiped up the 'imaginary' tea. "Tea for two is never ruined when you enjoy the other person's company."


Katherine Anne smiled weakly. "I guess so." Suddenly she remembered Madeleine. "But, it's tea for three though," she said, pointing to the floor.


Mommy gently picked up the rag doll and placed her in Katherine Anne's lap. "Now I have even more company to enjoy," she said as she picked up a Saltine cracker from the center of the table with a smile.


What a wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon -- at a grand tea party with a four-year-old hostess and her rag doll friend!

© 2015 MelissaAndres


Author's Note

MelissaAndres
Please give an overall review on this short children's story. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015
Tags: short story, children, adults, imagination, time, busy, day, spend, sooth, upsets, doll, tea

Author

MelissaAndres
MelissaAndres

Fort Worth, TX



About
Hi! My name's Melissa and I love to read and write! I am married to a wonderful guy named Mark and have a grown son and step-son and five beautiful grandchildren. I no longer work outside the home .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by MelissaAndres


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by MelissaAndres