What the Soul Thrives on

What the Soul Thrives on

A Story by Mellow Orange
"

This is a rough draft for a script that may be turned into a video. I wanted to post it here for feedback before editing and production on the video.

"
My name is Mellow Orange and I'm a film student.
On projects I'm typically an editor.

Being an editor means spending a lot of time in front of a computer screen. 
For one video, in particular, I spent 10 hours straight simply editing, the video was 4 minutes long.

I also play video games. On the computer, on a console - doesn't matter. 

I'm sure spending long hours at a computer is relatable, even if you don't edit film or play games.
We all log countless hours at the computer, in front of the T.V., buried in and focused on our work.

Something that we often forget to do is breathe.

Take a break.

Disconnect. 

Take out your ear buds. 

Go outside

and listen.
Take it all in. 

Listen to the birds, the insects, someone working in their yard in the distance.
Watch clouds float by, the leaves rustle in the trees, a plane fly by overheard, so high up you can barely see it.

The people on that plane have lives just like yours.
They have families, jobs, maybe a car.
They have fears, like, dislikes.
Moments of glory, and moments of agony.

Sitting here, taking it all in, this is the moment that the soul thrives on.

Realizing that we're connected to everything around us - the animals, the plants, each other and all the ethereal thoughts and feelings that words can't express.
Isn't it a special circumstance we find ourselves in?

We have the consciousness to perceive and understand the great value of all these things, yet we often overlook them.
The people that you have in your life - those that have influenced you.
Ever wonder why they're in your life?

Is it chance?

Is it fate?

Are they meant to help you through some part of your life?

Hate?

Love?

Sadness?

Joy?

Has that moment passed?

Has it yet to come?

Or are in it right now?

Even those that were negative influences.
You have learned lessons from them. 
You know what to do, or not do, because of their examples, their mistakes. 
This is what sitting outside does to a person.
It clears your mind.

It helps you to think.

To realize. 

To make your heart swell. 
These are the moments that the soul thrives on.

© 2015 Mellow Orange


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015
Tags: soul. introspective, connected, nature, outside, work, computer