Stop

Stop

A Poem by Melon Choly

Just when you start to get comfortable

Where you think you are all

He ever dreamed of and wanted

Stop

 

Now listen to me my dear friend

I've been there where you are

And I felt the same comfort that you feel

But I

Stopped

 

Because I saw what he was doing

I saw how he had used me as

He is currently using you

So

Stop

 

He was chasing you

When he had me

Now he's chasing her

When he has you

He wants the chase

He wants the hunt

He will never be satisfied

So

Stop

 

Before you go to far

And make a fool out of yourself

By saying something stupid

So

Stop

 

Don't do it

Don't say those

Three little words

Just

Stop

 

© 2008 Melon Choly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have already experienced a lot of guys like this as many other women have, but it's about time that I found a good poem that perfectly represents it. I can feel the attitude behind what you are saying and that adds to the vibe. I just love this piece nice work and amazing write...

Voice


Posted 15 Years Ago


Man, the hunter/gatherer. Even in his 'civilized' mask, he hasn't outgrown his primitive mentality. Perhaps.

Your writing here is direct and to the point.

Posted 15 Years Ago


How cruel love can be, or the illusion of it. When found it is the greatest power our world can ever see. How unfortunate it is that so many people use others to fulfill their own needs. A good piece of writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


If only this poem would come into our lives at just the right time in a big flashing neon sign. The greater truth is in the first stanza "I've been there where you are", but they are about to get there and nothing but the moment of truth will teach them...or they're bound to repeat. Also there is the seductive quality alluded to in your last stanza that would actually have us profess "love" for the manipulator. (Oh cruel love! ;) )
Gradually I've come to respect the phrase true love will not be denied. The tricky part of your poem's message is that Love has that vulnerable feel and our gain is, to a degree, based in our willingness to take another chance. Great concept, simple and profound.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The structure reminds me of a stop sign....clever..very good.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice! Very original!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Ah, the classic dilemma. There's plenty of role reversal in the modern era, but this old saw still comes up a lot, the male primarily in love with the chase.

It's a delicate balance of "good"/"bad" re what is actually both exciting AND sustainable with man-woman, yes?

Anyway, your poem is tight and good re the old-school issue. Ha, as an after-echo, since you were into that "Buttercup" song, I'm hearin' "Stop in the Name of Love" in my head. . .;-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this A LOT.

Even though it doesn't rhyme, it has a way of capturing my attention. I love how you used different tenses of "stop". Definitely favoriting. :]

Creativo. [Creative.]

Always,
-Aurelia Mirella


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 12, 2008

Author

Melon Choly
Melon Choly

About
My mind is a pondering puddle of words, all scrambled up, trying to come out in some sense of order. After a good night's sleep, I find myself waking up from colorful dreams, with a song already pl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..