She Didn't Need Him

She Didn't Need Him

A Poem by Allison Faith Melton

You broke her, and you’re going to be sorry that you did. She didn’t need anyone, including you. But she chose you, she wanted you. And for a while she believed that you wanted her too; that when you said you loved her, you meant it, until it became clear that you didn't. You don’t give up on someone you want, and you sure as hell don’t give up on someone you love. You don’t destroy them. You gave her the world when you were with her and took it away within a matter of seconds when you were done with her. Do you have any idea how much you destroyed her? How broken down she was after you left? How many nights she spent in her room, with her music so loud she couldn’t hear herself think? You never once checked up on her, never once did you call, or text, or stop her to ask if she was okay. Months went by and she didn’t hear from you at all. Months went by before she realized that she was spending her nights crying about a boy who didn’t care that he broke her. And after she realized that, she got back up. She put herself back together. She never needed a boy to do any of that for her, and once she realized that she became so much stronger than she had ever been. She didn’t want a boy who once gave her the world, then took it away in a matter of seconds. She didn’t want a boy who once told her that her eyes sparkled like diamonds but turned dull when he left.  She didn’t want a boy who had crushed her heart under the weight of a thousand broken promises. She didn’t want that boy anymore, and she sure as hell didn’t need him.

© 2016 Allison Faith Melton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful flow of thoughts leading to honest ending. Love teaches us many lessons. One is be careful with the gift of our heart. I liked the honest tone and ending. Thank you Allison for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016
Tags: Break up, Strong, Getting back up, Motivational