Music to me

Music to me

A Poem by Drox
"

A paper I wrote for my music Class

"
To think about the sounds made from strumming strings and beating drums.
Trying to explain feelings or convey a broader sense of reality. 
To capture and put to paper “ What is was about that song”.
Its a apprehension of notes that lead into places to where I cannot go. 
It gives me chills under my skin that there might be more to the Horizon lines.
it unveils the basic foundation of what I might feel and connect to. 
it can speak cryptically or it might clearly state what I am trying to say. 
It might challenge my fears and trepidation's
Give a me a sense that I cannot lose. 
Moves me on a progression of thoughts that connect dots that lead me back to a foundation, or a greater sense of the present. 
It can paint  me an image of days lost from my memory.
Gives me reassurance and peace of mind or open ambient and greater connections to what I percive.

Music can be a musical poem of past experiences and what they meant. 
It can tell me to journey on until I reach the end. 
It can be a reaffirming sound of feeling and belonging. 
It may be rhythms that turn into messages encrypted that really explain who I really am. 
Hidden messages to loved ones, to give reassurance and strength. Reminders of  what really matters.
It can give me self enlightenment and empowerment in times of struggle and how I will “walk on through these mountains made of Steel”
Music brings a different light on subjects I might not want to dwell on.  
Give life a broader sense of meaning and beauty. 
Connect lost feelings with new ones. 
It can make me warm on cold days, or give chills on warm days. 
It may give me a greater sense of belonging or closer, that maybe someone might grant me wings so I might fly”. 
Music can paint vivid images of processed  sounds that come together in my own senses. 
Might give me a brief moment where my  “restless soul is longing”. May try to explain the passing of time, or the notation of time in itself and, in all of its entirety never leave my ears.
What is music to me? I am not sure, and that is what I love most about it. 
connections to clouds in the sky with the beats to drums to explain nothing and everything in the same sense. 
What is music to me ? “It’s born of ancestry and poetry and chemistry! Horizon lines and volume and infinity!” and “ it starts and it ends with you”.

© 2012 Drox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is more of a essay. I should have labeled it as so.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 16, 2012
Tags: Music, Poetry

Author

Drox
Drox

CA



About
I'm Derrick. Dont have much to say at the moment, I just felt like writing a bit and posting it.I am not much of a writer, but I am a musician of some sorts. more..

Writing
Urge to care. Urge to care.

A Poem by Drox


Cold today Cold today

A Poem by Drox