Aide Memoire - the paragraph unedited Golden Moments

Aide Memoire - the paragraph unedited Golden Moments

A Story by Metaphantom
"

Grandparents yard years after them deceased....

"
What once was beauty personified by large fragrant flower beds of roses of enchanting colors, now was a weedy lot of dandelions. Not even a rhododendron in site. My eyes began to well up with tears, anemnesis flooded my mind, moments attached to a young boys heart. I closed my eyes and pretended to see a wonderful hard working stern great grandfather there. He would always offer me any rose I wanted and I could take it home. I always chose the big yellow ones, I knew they meant friendship. Friendship was important to me in my youth, I moved a lot.  Imagining smelling hot pies fresh out of the oven and grandma cooking chop suey in a giant pot. My absolute favorite, I knew I would make at least .50 cents if I sang twice for grandma. And then I realized where I was, I was standing in a yard that was once a relic, a historical part of hood sport, Washington. Known for the extravagant flowers. A yard people took photos of for postcards as an aid memoir of a small town amongst the waters of the peninsula.  People don't stop to smell the flowers enough, boy they did back then. I cried tears of sadness yet joyful that I could remember such awesome things from such a young age. And I was reminded that my life was not so bad, in tiny intervals. Mostly I knew this was one of my golden moments, one I would keep forever and tell my children about. Family....unconditional love, knowing I was a special treat for my grandparents when I visited made me feel special again. I had just forgotten about these moments because I was congested with the negative internal dialogue I was programmed with.

© 2017 Metaphantom


Author's Note

Metaphantom
unedited, raw and rough drafted, but too good not to share. Out of my book I am still writing Titled: Golden Moments. (How to find the Golden memories)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 16, 2017
Last Updated on October 16, 2017
Tags: memories, Golden Moments

Author

Metaphantom
Metaphantom

Olympia, WA



About
Just a freelance writer, I came from a background of hip-hop and poetry in its finest. Reading poetry from some of the greats John Keats. Many others, Charles Bukowski - so many, and the greatest mus.. more..

Writing
Embark Embark

A Poem by Metaphantom