A News Report from the Future

A News Report from the Future

A Story by Epipsychologist
"

Fiction about the future isn't entirely proven fiction yet, so it allows for a suspension of disbelief.

"

            In the future, cities were made of glass. People had decided that transparency was the safest way to prevent crime, so cylindrical buildings rose gilded in steel or copper lacings, like cities were magnificent bottle collections. Skylines glimmered like crystal composites under solvents. Scientists and architects also learned to incorporate bio-engineering procedures and nanotechnology so that within the glass walls there capillaries filled with adhesive polymer and nanites that acted like blood in animals to heal microscopic fractures in the glass even as they occurred. The wind alone would have shattered these post modern marvels had there not been such advances in science as to make giant, biologically superior stalks of glass for people to work and live in. Each building, at its conical peak, held white tanks of polymer and restruction enzymes necessary for maintaining structural integrity.

            Jenny and Albert passed one another on the fiftieth floor of fiftieth and Zynatech St.  They thought of their affair, and the thrill of their next tryst outside the crystal city, when two reaxionistas detonated the room full of limbus fortification tanks.

            For a moment the room seemed to scream with the lives inside of it as fire reflected through the floors above and light coruscated wildly like a chandelier struck with a flare.

            Albert grasped her as the floor cracked like lightning. Shards of what had been security were seen sparkling down outside through every wall. In the face of imminent death they felt no fear of social stigma or reaction to their deviance. As others ran frantic with no foreseeable escape Jenny felt the grey hair of Albert’s cheeks with her lips. He kissed her trembling self until the walls until the walls fell apart.

            But they did not die then. Glass crashed in panes that flew through their skin and shards embedded themselves in the adulterous couple, and in every person in the building. The floor fell through and she screamed as her face was slit with glass lubricated in the polymer meant to protect it. During the fall pieces of tempered glass fell through their skin like it was gelatin under the sharp, penetrating weight of the building, until on the ground lay some three thousand people in what looked like ash from a distance.

            Other attacks that day resulted in ten thousand victims under the fallen towers of the future.

© 2012 Epipsychologist


Author's Note

Epipsychologist
Please leave a comment if you liked it, or if you didn't, leave advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on May 8, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012
Tags: Dystopic

Author

Epipsychologist
Epipsychologist

Chester, PA



About
I'm heavily interested and influenced by psychology. I also appreciate philosophy although I haven't taken any courses since high school. I believe a good writer should want desperately and insatiably.. more..

Writing