love, life and me

love, life and me

A Story by Hemant Singh
"

A romcom, that beautifully narrates the simple solution to much complicated problems of our lives

"
It was 11:30 already and I was late, late enough to face the wrath of Angel, my cute little daughter.
Today was her birthday and the only present she wanted was some quality time with her father which I was unable to give her due to this new job where they don’t let you leave until they ooze every ounce of your energy and time.
As I entered my apartment, I found her sleeping on the couch.
God, she must have fell asleep waiting for me. I felt myself as the most unworthy of a parent.
There were candles and cake on the table along with a card that she had prepared for me which read “Thanks for being the best daddy in the world”.
All these things added to my guilt and I cursed myself for not being the father she deserved.
As I took her in my lap, she woke up and hugged me tightly. Her cute little eyes, her beautiful smile, her soft hands on my cheeks made me forget the worldly worries and tensions.
‘I’m glad that you are not mad at me’, I said as I gently put her on the couch.
‘I have a whole year to be mad at you, but right now we are running out of time so without much ado, let’s cut the cake,’ she said in a firm tone just like her mother used to do.
She was 8, yet so intelligent. I wonder how the hell could she be my daughter, I even didn’t know to tie my shoelaces until I was 18.
‘Daddy, I miss mommy’, she whispered as her joyous face suddenly turned dull.
‘Me too honey, me too… but don’t you worry my princess your daddy is here to the rescue, tell me what present do you want?’
‘Umm… let me think, yes! I want you to tell me how you and mom met and how you fell in love and all that stuff…’
‘Well that’s a long story honey, maybe some other time,’ I replied as tried to avoid it.
‘No, I only want this present or else I am not talking to you… and by the way you owe me that because you were late today, remember?’
Girls, be them of any age group, know how to utilise situations and in my case it was my coming late that paid me this trouble.
‘Okay! I am going to tell you everything but promise me that you will not change your perception towards me and not hate me for the things that I have done in my past.’
‘Well… whatever you say. It’s a promise that you will be my loving daddy as always.’
‘So here we start, once upon a time, not long ago, there was a boy named Harry. He was not a stud kind of person as you will say but rather a simple and straight minded person whose only goal was to somehow gather the courage to speak his heart out to the girl he had been stalking, yes you got that right, stalking since second grade.’
‘Wow! You had been stalking mom since you were my age…’ Angel interrupted.
‘Now, do you want to listen the story or not cause if you do then stop interrupting me,’ I said trying to get back my flow.
‘Sorry daddy, please continue,’ she said as she took a pillow in her lap.
‘So, days passed and his love grew for her and finally the farewell night arrived. It was probably his last chance to break his silence. It was a now or never situation for him and he knew it very well.
So, he finally gathered all his strength and courage and asked the girl two minutes of her life. Two minutes when his lips recited the poem of his heart, two minutes when he forgot there was a world around him, two minutes when the time stopped in her eyes, two minutes that meant entire lifetime to him, those were the most beautiful two minutes of his life.’
‘Wow! That was so romantic. What was the girl’s reply?’ Angel asked curiously.
‘Well… it is kind of embarrassing. After he had finished, he ran away and didn’t look back fearing a rejection and they both separated to never meet again.’
‘What? So you are saying that you didn’t look back just because you feared that she would say no. What about all that strength and courage you were talking about?’
‘Well… I know I acted stupid, but what could I have done? I was young and immature.’
‘At least you were older and mature than me, and if I can get it why were you such a dumbass?’
‘Stop scolding me now. I am you dad for god’s sake. So, should I continue?’
‘Well, go on then.’
‘So, time passed and the farewell night became history. Harry moved on with his college life and that incident became an anecdote to which he would laugh remembering how stupid he had been in the past.
It was 2008, Facebook had taken over the Indian youth by now and Harry also was not excluded from this fever.
Facebook was a gift to geeks like him who would rather pee in their pants than to ask a girl out.
It was because of FB only that he came close to Sara, a girl who was considered the bombshell of the college.
Then there was this series of events, chatting, casual flirting, dating, proposing and finally ending up in making love… oops…’
‘What does making love means daddy? The other day two of my classmates were also discussing the same.’
‘Well… Ahem… it is an act that only married couples should do or else there could be some serious repercussions and by the way stay away from those classmates of yours who talk such things. I am going to discuss this issue in the next PTM.’
‘So what serious repercussions did you face after that “love making”?’
‘Stop saying that word. (Oh god! Her mother would have killed me if she was here).’
‘Okay, continue your story.’
‘So, the first year of college passed. It was all going smoothly between the two of them until he met Trisha.
Trisha was Harry’s childhood friend, her neighbour in fact. They were once so close that anyone who saw them together would get an impression that they were in love.
Maybe, maybe not. This is the mystery that neither of them tried to solve as it could ruin the more beautiful bond of friendship between them.’
‘You are getting me confused daddy, who is my mom? Is it Sara or This new girl Trisha?’
‘Be patient my dear. You will know who your mom is but for that you will have to wait for the end.
So, Harry was sitting on the bus stop waiting for the bus to Delhi when he recognised a familiar voice amidst the commotion that the place was set to.
It was Trisha with some boy who had come to see her off.
As they exchanged glances, her face filled with joy after seeing Harry. After all it was 2 years since they drank their last cup of coffee together.
And the journey began, the first hour, it was all about professional goals and career kind of stuff. The next hour was all about love life and how good or bad their lovers were. That is when Harry came to know that the boy who had come to see her off was her boyfriend and not only that, both of their families had consented over their relation and probably the next time they meet could be at her engagement.
Wow! Life was moving so fast for her and probably crawling in case of Harry’s.
But it was the last hour that made all the difference. Harry noticed a hidden pain in Trisha’s eyes. He had known her for long and he knew that she was hiding something from him. Harry caught her stealing looks from him when asked if she was happy.
Of course she wasn’t, all her life she had dreamt of becoming a fashion designer. It was her craze, her dream, and her passion. But she had let herself in a situation where her dreams were at stake.
Rahul Arora, son of the famous industrialist V.K. Arora had everything in life- money, fame and Trisha.
Damn! He was so lucky, Harry felt envious about it.
But for Trisha, he had been the reason of all the bad luck. She tried everything in her wits to break up with him, but in vein.
So, the whole summary of the story was, she was in trouble and Harry ought to help her or else she would lead herself to a life that she would despise.’
‘Was this a new beginning or just a friend helping the other?’ Angel asked as her face got a curious look and she eagerly awaited to find out what happened next?
‘I won’t say it a new beginning, but rather one friend helping the other is fine.
As a series of events took place, Trisha and Harry faked an affair in front of Trisha’s parents and it wasn’t hard at all to convince them of its authenticity.
And now, it was the tougher part. It was time to tell Rahul and his family that it was over between him and Trisha.
It was Diwali, and just like any other Punjabi joint family, Rahul’s house was an assemblage of all kind of relatives ranging from uncle John from Canada, who apparently got his name changed from Jaswinder as it no longer suited him, to Pammi Mausi from Patiala, who happened to be the most annoying lady in her locality.
On one side, there was this whole lot of 6 ft. tall boys who happened to be Rahul’s cousins and on the other, stood Harry and Trisha enquiring about Rahul.
Harry had lost all the confidence in him by now. He wondered what all these young men would do if they came to know that I was the boyfriend of their future sister-in-law.
And just when Harry thought that this couldn’t go any wrong further, he got a slap of misfortune. Sitting among the ladies who were preparing the sweets, was none other than Sara.’
‘Oh crap! Dude you were about to get screwed. How on earth do you let yourself into such troubles dad?’ Angel interrupted.
‘Well I guess, I wasn’t the person one would consult before buying a lottery ticket. The only luck I’ve had in my life was to have you and your mom, though the latter being for a shorter duration, but yes, you both redefined my life.
Okay, it’s been late. Now go to sleep.’
‘But what about the story?’
‘I’ll tell the remaining tomorrow, I promise.’
‘You better should mister,’ she said as she yawned.
‘I would, my princess. Now, daddy’s got some work to do. So, would you please close those teeny weeny eyes of yours and sleep?’
‘Hmmm… good night daddy.’
‘Good night, angel,’ I kissed her and put her to sleep.
Unknowingly, Angel had revived those old memories that were buried deep inside me.
With a peg of wine and a cigarette, I tried to flush those feelings but some feelings are hard to get rid of.




Day 2


It was 7:30 in the morning when my sleep was shattered by a continuous knock at the door. No need of guessing, it was Angel waiting for me to complete the story.
I came out yawning and she was out there waiting for me with a cup of coffee and some toasts.
‘Oh good lord! You have prepared the breakfast for me,’ I said as I moved towards the dining table.
‘Not me,’ she said as she pointed towards the kitchen.
As I turned around, I saw Rhea preparing some pudding for Angel.
‘You needn’t to do this,’ I said as I stepped into the kitchen.
‘Don’t worry love, this is not for you, this is for Angel. My flight was delayed so I couldn’t come yesterday but now when I am here, she will get the birthday treat she deserves.’
‘Oh! So you have come here to show me how bad a father I am.’
‘I need not to show it, just look at yourself. Your mouth stinks of alcohol, you were late last night and today when you should have gotten up early and be the father she wanted, you are having a hangover. What has gone wrong with you? Are you trying to find an escape from the reality?
It was not your fault. It was all a result of a big misunderstanding and you did your best to clarify it.’
‘It doesn’t matters whose fault it was, the reality is, Angel will never have a complete family ever,’ I said as I dispersed from there.
Well it was Sunday and all I wanted was to give Angel some beautiful memories of us spending time together so we decided to go for a picnic.
There was a quiet and beautiful place on the outskirts of the town which was just the perfect location.
So we packed our bags, and by we means, me, Angel and Rhea. As we reached there, it took about an hour to setup the camp and after that we were done.
Just when we sat exhausted after that activity, I got another demand from the ladies, now it was two of them who wanted to listen the next part of the story.
‘So what happened next, how you got out of that situation,’ Angel asked.
‘Actually, nothing happened that night. The two of them realised what consequences it could lead to, so they decided not to break two hearts in a single night and left from there without saying a word.’
‘Wait, I have a question. Why are you narrating this whole story as a third person? What’s the mystery behind that?’ Rhea asked.
‘Well, as a third person, I can criticize myself which otherwise would have been difficult for me cause you know, I am so obsessed with myself.’
‘That’s my dad, give me high five,’ Angel said as she raised her hand to give me one.
‘That’s typical of you,’ Rhea said.
‘So, what happens next is, Harry and Trisha are taking a walk in Trisha’s terrace garden when Harry notices a house in her neighbourhood.
Yes it was the same house that was once no less than a pilgrimage to Harry. It was Ayesha’s house, her childhood love.
Curious about his thoughts and a lot of questions that stormed his mind, Harry asked Trisha about her.
‘Things hadn’t gone as smooth as she would have thought in her life. After her father passed away six months after her schooling completed, she was forced to quit her college in Delhi and take admission in the local college. As she was the eldest of the two children her parents had, she was the one who had to bear all the responsibilities,’ Trisha replied.
When asked about her current job, Trisha replied that she was currently working as a teacher in a primary school and along with that she was also preparing for her CA exam.
Harry felt that for the sake of old times and the crush he used to have on her, he ought to help her. He asked Trisha to convince her for a job in his dad’s firm where she would be able to put her skills to use.
Trisha advised him not to do charity in love.
Harry tried to convince her that he loved Sara, and Ayesha was no longer in his frame. But again, who was he convincing, they both knew that this relation was not easy to end.’
‘Wait! So that means you fell in love again. It’s the third time since the beginning of this story. No wonder, you find yourself lots of trouble,’ Angel said as she pitied on me.
‘Yeah! You are right. He just can’t help it,’ Rhea added.
‘Well I guess my love story is a comedy of errors.
So, 2 years passed and Harry completed his graduation and returned to his town to take on his family business. By now, most of the problems had sorted out in his life. Trisha finally spoke to her fiancée and to her surprise, he understood her feelings and her worries about her aim and goals and gave her the time she wanted to fulfil her dream. Ayesha had now become a CA and was working for his dad where she found her dream job and salary. There was no longer a financial crisis on her family and her brother was now planning to study abroad.
Sara and Harry broke up as they eventually realised that they were never meant to be with each other and after three and a half break-ups, Harry realised that love was not his thing.’
‘Why three and a half, what’s that half for?’ Angel asked.
‘Well, ask Rhea. We were, at some point of time seeing each other before we realised that we were better as friends. So we decided not to complicate things and just be friends.’
‘That was a mature decision. Had you complicated this all up, who would have taken care of you like Aunt Rhea does.’
‘Well I guess you are right Angel, and I think I must thank your aunt for that.
Thank you, Rhea!
Oh my god, you are blushing. Angel see your aunt blushing.’
‘No, I am not. Now stop all this and continue your story,’ Rhea said as her face still pink.
‘Okay if you say so.
It was Harry’s first day to office and he was nervous, not because he was going to take over his father’s position but because he was going to face Ayesha.
As he sat in the cabin, fortunate enough not to have faced Ayesha till now, he indulged himself in some office work.
Then he got a call from his father, saying Ayesha was coming to meet him to get some signatures.
Harry knew that this day was destined to come so he had already prepared himself for the worst.
Twenty minutes later, he heard a knock at his door. It was Ayesha, she had grown more beautiful than she used to be.
‘You? You are the new boss,’ Ayesha was literally shocked to see Harry.
‘Well I guess so, is there a problem miss,’ Harry replied.
‘No, problem at all, “sir”. Here are some papers you need to sign,’ she said in a sarcastic tone.
‘Well, take these and meet me in the lunch hours, we have some policies to discuss,’ Harry said in a bossy tone.
‘Okay boss, how can I refuse you?’ she said faking a smile.
Harry knew that she was angry and he just knew what would calm her down.
In the lunch hours, Harry stood waiting for her in the parking lot. And then she came. He noticed her pace advancing and her face turning red. This was not a good sign and to prove this, came a thundering slap on Harry’s face.
He was both shocked and confused how come this happened?
‘This one for embarrassing me in front of the whole school.’ And then came another.
‘This one for being such a coward to leave me there alone.’ And came one more.
‘And this one for not listening to my reply.’ She said as she broke into tears.
Harry got down on her knees holding her hands and apologised to her.
‘I am sorry Ayesha, I know I shouldn’t have done that. I should have listened to you and be there to face the consequences… wait! What did you say? I should have listened to your reply. And what was it? Was it a yes? I guess it was… wasn’t it?’
He got up, still holding her hands, looked in her eyes, wiped her tears and asked again.
‘Was that a yes?’
She nodded in positive with her eyes down and her face blushing.
Well it seemed that it was a day full of surprises for Harry and there was still one more to go. The very next moment, he felt the soft touch of Ayesha on his lips.
‘And this one for slapping you,’ she said and she kissed him again.’
‘Wow! That’s so romantic. You two were made for each other. Did you make love after that?’ Angel asked and it left Rhea baffled.
‘Ahem! I see from where she is learning all that stuff,’ Rhea taunted.
‘Angel! How many times did I tell you last night not to speak such words, especially in front of elders,’ I tried to control situation but it was all a waste now.
‘You are just hopeless, any ways continue,’ Rhea added.
‘So, two winters passed since that incident. Ayesha’s love for Harry grew day by day, but was it the same in case of Harry?
Not exactly, as I would say. Harry always doubted himself. He thought that if he gave this relation a serious attention and take it to the next level, you know like proposing and all, he might lose the fragrance they have in their relationship.
This was the prime reason that whenever he was asked some serious questions about it, he tried not to answer them at all. This was worrying Ayesha a lot. She started developing a fear that he might never go beyond this, and that he might not be in love with her as much as she did.
One fine evening, Ayesha gathered the guts to clarify it once and for all. She asked him that whether it was at all in his mind or not, the question of being together and forever, to which Harry replied that they were always together, from morning to evening, from dusk to dawn, in every moment they were together and what else they could have wanted.
Ayesha understood that he was again trying to skip the question, so she tried to be more specific.
‘Do you ever want to get married or not?’ she said, her voice loud and clear.
‘Well, maybe, someday… why are we discussing it right now?’ Harry replied.
‘Because I want an answer right now. I am tired of your avoiding to any serious commitment. If you love me then what’s the problem in a serious commitment.’
‘Because I don’t want to complicate things between us. It’s going good, we are living it like married couples, right?
You cook me breakfast daily and wake me up with that beautiful smile of yours, we live with each other like married couples do. We love each other and are always there for each other. Why to complicate this all up?’
‘Complicate? I just don’t get it, how will it complicate things?
Well I guess, I was right. You don’t love me anymore. All you wanted was just the “physical me” and I was a fool to have believed your every word that you said. You were never into this, this relationship. It was all one way from the beginning.’
‘I think you are overreacting, you took it too far. I had always been there for you and will always be. If I would not have been involved in this relationship, why would I have helped you when you were struggling after your father’s death… s**t…’ Harry unknowingly revealed something he shouldn’t have and he knew the consequences were going to be worse.
‘So that’s the price you paid to get into bed with me. I am just a reward of that charity you did on me, well thank you for that mister. I will repay your every single penny. Let there be no debt between us.’
Harry remembered the words of Trisha, not to let charity come in the way of love.
‘Wait there has been a big misunderstanding. I apologise for every word that I said, please forgive me.
Everything will happen according to you, you want us to get married, we will get married, ok.’
‘That’s never how I wanted it to be. You are a free man from now on, free from the ties of this relation. I don’t want to force you into this. And by the way, this was not what I came for, I just wanted to inform you that I am pregnant. But don’t worry I am not going to put any burden on you. I am an independent woman and can raise my child alone. You need not to get worried. And if you ever cared about me even a little, don’t ever follow me or come in my way.’
Harry watched her leave without uttering a word. He just couldn’t absorb it. His world had changed all of a sudden, a change he never expected to occur.
Before he could get back into his senses, she was gone and he realised what he had done.
Harry knew Ayesha and how much stubborn she was. He knew that anything he would do now will only worsen the situation.
So he decided to take some hard decisions. He told his parents the whole matter in a way that made a negative image of him in his family.
That was the first time his father ever lay hand on him. He portrayed himself as the bad guy and got himself thrown out of the house. This was hard on him but it was for a cause, a cause that was much important than his staying with his family. He left the house without giving any justification.
With the help of Trisha, he convinced her mother to go and talk to Ayesha to stay with their family and be the daughter-in-law they wanted. After getting her convinced that there will be no indulgence of me in her life anymore, she accepted.
Harry… no, no cover up name now, I left the town and settled here, away from Ayesha and my family. I had to pay this price in order to make sure that you get the upbringing you deserved, grow up in a family where you have all relatives with you- grandpa, grandma, mom, uncle and occasionally a devastated father…’ I was unable to control my tears.
‘Stop crying daddy, eight years, you suffered these eight long years just to make sure that mom doesn’t, made yourself the bad guy, quit the life of luxuries, struggled so long just to get three days a month with your daughter.
Remember what you said yesterday about not to change my perception towards you. Well, I am sorry, it has certainly changed, now I love you even more.
Everyone in the family including mom, misses you, but due to their ego, don’t tell each other. Grandpa pretends to be still angry with you and often sets you as a bad example, but from the inside, he wants you to come back as he believes that you are not what you portrayed yourself to be.
And mom, she is dying to get back with you and often cries in the night realising the misery she put yourself into, but again she fears that favouring you might result in hurting the sentiments of grandpa and grandma.
It’s all so simple, yet so complicated. All they need, is a conversation to end this up. It can all be sorted out and I can help it.’
‘Maybe, it’s just your assumption. As you love me, you consider that others also do. Don’t let themselves think that I am influencing you and turning you to my side as this could result in some serious legal issues. I don’t want to lose these three days that I get with you. These are the only days of happiness in my life. I request you to let it be the way it is.’
‘But daddy…’
‘No Angel, I have already lost so much, I don’t want to lose any further.
Come let’s go. It’s been late now and you have to leave early morning.
Come Rhea let’s go.’ I said and we packed up the things and came home.
Angel left early morning, her grandma sent the driver to the apartment to pick her up as she no longer felt the desire to meet her son.
Guess it was just me again, alone and shattered. I went to Rhea’s apartment to find some company. All these years, if there was any support in my devastated life, then it was Rhea. But to add to my misery, her apartment was locked.
I had nobody to share my grief, so I decided to get back to the life that I chose. I got dressed up to follow the rat race that everyone else of my age and qualification was following.
After day long of hectic work, I returned to my apartment exhausted. I took a glance at Rhea’s apartment and it was still locked. This was strange as she was never out for so long.
I was just about to enter my apartment when Jay called, asking me to come over to his place for a peg of wine. I guess, I needed it, so I took the invitation.
And though it started with one peg, we ended up emptying two full bottles of them. And then the conversation started, a conversation which is more or less the same between every boozer in the world. A conversation that neither has a beginning nor an end, a conversation in which I laughed out loud and cried at the same time. No wonder, I lost my control. Probably this was the reason why Ayesha had once made me quit it.
Somehow, taking support from the stairs and wall, I reached my apartment and the next thing I remembered was getting dragged to my bed by someone. She should have been Rhea. She always used to do this whenever I lost my consciousness.
That night, I slept like a baby. I had a dream, a dream in which we all were together, me, Angel and Ayesha. A dream in which there were no issues between us, a dream in which Ayesha would wake me up every morning with her beautiful smile, a dream in which she had forgiven me, a dream that I wished to come true, a dream that is still a dream…
‘Ah! My head hurt. What time is it?’ I looked at the clock and it was 8 o’clock already.
‘Oh my god, boss is going to kill me. I must get dressed and reach office before he appoints someone at my place,’ I rushed to the bathroom.
As I came out of my room, the breakfast was already waiting for me at the dining table and I heard some sounds coming from the kitchen so I headed towards it.
‘How many times did I have to tell you, there’s no need of all this. I can take care of myself. You are my friend, not my wife…’
‘And what if I was…’ she said as she turned around.
Oh my god! She was Ayesha.
‘Am I having a hangover or I am still tipsy? I am seeing Ayesha in you Rhea. Isn’t it crazy?’ I said stroking my head.
And then, the very next moment I felt the splash of a chilled glass of water on my face.
‘Holy Christ, have you gone mad or what? I just wore that shirt. Who does that?’
‘This was to get you back in your senses,’ she said.
And my god she was real, Ayesha was standing just in front of me. Eight years, eight years since I last saw her.
‘Oh! It’s you… are you here to sue me?’ I said as I didn’t know what else to say.
‘I thought you quit drinking.’ She said.
‘Guess I had no one to stop me, and I thought you never wanted to see my face again,’ I said.
‘Guess I had no one to convince me,’ she said and a silence followed. I stood there trying to figure out what to say?
‘How long? How long will you make me wait?
How long will you suffer and make me suffer even more?
Just tell me. How long I have to wait to get you back?’ she said, breaking her silence.
‘I am sorry Ayesha for hurting you. I am sorry for the times I was not there when you needed me. I am sorry that I made you cry. And I am sorry for not being the person you wanted, I am sorry’
‘I am sorry, is that it? Won’t you do what you should have done long back?’ she said.
I knew this was it, the moment I had been waiting for. So, without much ado I got on my knees held her hand and proposed.
‘Ayesha, you are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me. I can’t imagine my life without you. These eight years, not a single day passed when I didn’t miss you, not a single day passed when I didn’t pray to god for this day when we could finally be together. The only definition of love that I know is you, Ayesha. I want to grow old with you, live every day to the fullest with you, live my dream with you.
Ayesha Malhotra, would you like to marry me?’
‘Yes, I would,’ she said and hugged me. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and her face wore a smile. I had never seen her that happy before.
‘Is this really happening or is it just a dream?’ I said.
‘Why, you want me to pinch you to make you believe?’
‘No, just a kiss will do…’
She smiled and came close to me and then we kissed. It was the longest kiss we have ever had. We lost into each other and forgot the world around us, we were so lost that Angel had to separate us, realising mom and dad were seeing us.
That was another embarrassing moment that I had, but wait story is not over yet.











The Wedding Night

It was finally here, the wedding night. We were officially husband and wife now. I entered the room, she was sitting on the bed, all dressed up with a long veil that covered her face. I slowly moved towards her and uncovered her face, she looked no less than an angel, speaking of which, Angel started knocking at the door.
‘Open up daddy,’ she shouted.
‘What is the matter with you Angel?’ I said as I opened the door.
‘I am just here to say, all the best,’ she replied.
‘Well, thank you my dear, I appreciate that. Now would you please leave, daddy has some unfinished business,’ I replied.
‘Are you going to make love with mommy?’
‘Who told you such words?’ Ayesha said as I realised she was standing right behind me.
‘Daddy did and he told me that only married couples should do this as it didn’t work out with Sara aunty.’ The bomb had exploded and I was the victim of it. I tried to sneak out from there when Ayesha held my hand.
‘Where are you going mister? We need to talk.
Angel now go to Aunt Rhea, she will take care of you. Meanwhile I have someone else to care of.’
‘Okay mommy, good night both of you.’ She said and dispersed.
What good was left in the night? Now even I feared to go inside and have a duel with Ayesha.
‘What are you waiting for mister? Come inside, don’t be afraid,’ Ayesha said and she pulled me in and locked the door.
I felt like a helpless girl who was about to be raped by the goons.
‘Take this pillow and go sleep on the couch,’ she threw a pillow at me. Thank god it was just a pillow, it could have been anything, the table lamp for instance, looked quite heavy.
‘You are kidding, right? It’s our wedding night for god’s sake,’ I made a blind try.
‘Do you see me laughing?’
‘No, but…’
‘Then go.’
And she meant it, for the next whole week I was made to sleep on the couch.
But eventually everything went back to normal.
I know, I am not the best father or husband. I am just like everyone else. I make mistakes, I apologise for them and then again I do something stupid. This is how life goes on.
What I wanted to tell you through my story was, we all do mistakes and sometimes these mistakes result in some huge misunderstandings. I was fortunate enough to have solved mine, but in many cases these small issues create large distances between people.
All that is needed, is a conversation, a conversation to sort out the differences, a conversation in which we accept our sins and promise not to repeat them.
Life is too short to waste on people who don’t care about you, but those who do, let them find no reason to live it without you.
No cost is too much if it saves a relationship.
So, try to find happiness in every moment instead of waiting for the right moment.




----------------------------------------------***----------------------------------------------

© 2014 Hemant Singh


Author's Note

Hemant Singh
It's my first story. What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on December 12, 2014
Last Updated on December 12, 2014
Tags: love, romance, humor, short story

Author

Hemant Singh
Hemant Singh

Delhi, India



About
This new generation totally fascinates me. I mean they are smart and capable of anything. But what fascinates me even more is, their way of looking life and how they intend to live it. This is what my.. more..

Writing